Thread: Bucky!!!

Bucky!!!

so, you've mentioned having to pull your weapon in a memphis ghetto cause somone was loking to grab stuff in your truck? Do tell!! Sounds like it could have been a high stress situation.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Inquiring minds want to know.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

since it was Memphis, I'm betting zombie attack.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Thought I explained......

Memphis bridges over I-40 were closed Mon night due to ice. I didn't know....neither did 439,437 other people. Backed up on I-55 10 miles before bridge, dead stop. Was right near an exit, and Garmin Nuvi knew there was congestion so it said to get off and reroute. I did, and so did a million others. It routed us through Ghettoville. Blacks in hoodies standing around everywhere. Right in the middle of it, the traffic on the reroute backed up, dead stop standstill. I had my truck and had my big ladder, weedeater, boxes full of things we were bringing back, gas cans, lots of stuff. All strapped down with ratchet straps, but still. Guys standing around weren't 10 feet away. They decided to mosey over and take a look and put hands on. I got out and laid the piece over the tool box and they ran off like chickens.

I still didn't know both bridges were closed due to ice. I figured just a wreck on I-55 bridge due to icy weather. So I took backroad out of there to try and find way over to I-40 bridge (the only other way across the MS River, there's only two bridges). GPS sucks as a map, and it kept trying to route us back I-55 only, so I ignored it and just drove. Finally got to a better lighted area, went in to a nice C-Store to ask directions to I-40 bridge, and a guy told me how to do it. I said thanks, walked out. Well, he followed me and got up behind me and said "I Need money". I had hand in pocket already and I turned around and sort of 'showed' him my hand in my pocket and said "No". He decided it was best to leave.

We didn't get home till next day.

Got to be some way to go see my kids in SC and GA without going through Memphis. That is the armpit of Earth.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Sounds almost like the Griswold's adventure in Ghettoland.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Geez, what a cheapskate....you expect street directions for free????....you coulda handed him a buck, and said thanks....or, gone back in, and paid for a cup of coffee for him.

(just kiddin'....you prolly did the right thing.)
    Southern Gentleman