Thread: To parents of school age kids

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

To parents of school age kids

Among all the chaos going on, it seems to my feeble brain that a key component in the safety of our children, including MY grandchildren, is being overlooked.

I don't care who agrees with my politics and who doesn't. I care about kids.

SO, I'd urge every parent to ask their children, and especially their children's schools, if they have had ANY training whatsoever in what to do if a gunman should attack? If not, why not? Do they have tornado drills (probably not in Montana, but for sure they do in the South)? Do they not all have fire drills? So why not KNOW in advance what to do in such cases?

I seriously urge all parents to find out what the plan is, and go over it with your kids at least every month or two.

Thanks
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

We have numerous fire drills(the building is all cinderblock and brick- even the interior walls). We do have numerous lock down, and evack drills also. We even have a plan for every building in the district. All STAFF can access the plan via the interal website.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    They do indeed practice lock down drills.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Good.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.