Thread: Either a very brave or very stupid bear hunter.....

Either a very brave or very stupid bear hunter.....

just fast-forward to 8 min. mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbcRtNhKpHc
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-14-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    yikes!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’d throw lucky in there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Cool! I had the exact same thing happen to me in Northern Canada one season. I could'a kissed him on his nose. I remember telling the story here, but it was years ago. It'll sure get the ol' heart poundin'!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    He really didn't have much say in the matter. Sometimes that's just the way things play out while hunting bears over bait. I've actually been closer than that and literally pushed a black bear out of my tree stand with the end of my rifle barrel. At one point his front paw was 5" or less from my face. Hunt bears enough and you'll definitely get a closer than comfortable encounter.

Yeppers, I always hunted out of a ground blind just like the dude in the video. Nothing more than some brush piled in front of me. You don't always know from which direction a bear will come in. I've had them circle me many times before coming into a bait ... sometimes from the rear. SOMETIMES you can hear them, but many times (especially in wet or raining situations), they can suddenly appear .... like ghosts! They have lousy eyesight, but they'll pick up movement immediately. I'm really surprised that bear didn't bolt when the dude stood up and started moving around. Cool experience! That'll keep you on your toes!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Every time a guy lives through an experience like that it just feeds the addiction to want more bear hunting. Hard to explain, but that's how it works.

That's so true B/S. My hunting partner had a similar experience one year also. He dozed off in his blind with his Rem 760 (30.06) lying across his lap. He opened his eyes and was nose to nose with a nice sized blackie. He didn't bat an eye, slipped the safety off, raised only the barrel up from his knee and pulled the trigger. He said the bear was so close to him, he actually had to pull his rifle back a bit to make the shot! The bullet entered the bottom of the bear's jaw and exited the back of his neck! I have a pic around here someplace of him holding that bear's head up with it's tongue hanging out through the hole in the bottom of it's jaw.

We were right back out there the next season.