Thread: Cable TV alternative

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Cable TV alternative

I’m wondering if there is any way, short of never turning on the tv, to get away from cable tv price gouging?

Want to maintain access to the local channels but don’t want to put a big ol’ antenna on the roof or the attic. Is this possible or just a pipe dream?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been with Dish Net for over 20 years.....very satisfied, so far.....I can only remember about 3 small price increases, during that time.....my little satellite dish is about the size of a basketball hoop, and I get all my local channels.....got the Hopper system on 4 tv's, all HD, and DVR.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-09-2018 at 12:28 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Bwana, we got ourselves an Amazon Firestick and have been weaning ourselves off of cable. We currently have dropped our cable bill by $100 a month and as soon as my current term expires on my bundle I’m going to jettison everything but internet service from my cable company and stream everything. You can get a digital antennae for local channels thats a about a foot square. You can purchase most premiums directly from Amazon that you want for much less than what you pay now.
    The format for streaming is a bit different but you get used to it in a hurry.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Barry, how do you get live sports?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Thats the rub, Hank, there isn’t much live sports on streaming yet. ESPN has an app but there is a monthly premium. Its like $15 a month I think. I’m not overly impressed with their app though. Its up in the air whether I’ll get it or not. It moght be one of those seasonal things. Fox Sports is pretty nonexistant on streaming, at least last time I looked at their app.

For the savings I think I can live without it. I might have to listen to the Sooners on the radio.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!