Thread: Road Trip!

Road Trip!

We left Owasso yesterday morning and made the drive out to Fort Collins, Co to see our daughter and son-in-law. Most (almost) 800 mile road trips are a lot of fun, at least to me. Yesterdays drive was through Kansas, Kansas, and more Kansas. Now I’m a fan of prairie country and there real beauty in almost everywhere. Newark is probably the exception to that. We saw tons of waterfowl and lots and lots of prairie. We were joking about Toto, and by the time we crossed the border
    i would’ve ran over that little bastard if I saw him. That is the most boring almost eleven hour drive in the US.
    We’re gonna stay till next Wednesday and the head back. We’re taking the ‘scenic’ route home. Might go out of our way and go to Santa Fe and spend a day. The we’ll drive back home through the panhandle of Oklahoma. The Oklahoma badlands, Black Mesa, and more prairies than you can shake a stick at. But at least they’re different ones.
    I grew up in this state, but I’ve never seen the panhandle country. Weather permitting I’m gonna see it next week.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Safe travels. Enjoy your time with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Sounds like driving accross Saskatchewan. Miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles of nothing. Got so I preferred to do it at night as much as possible.

Hope you have a great trip.

It is fun seeing new territory. I have to say, driving through Montana fascinated me. I think I saw more wildlife, FROM THE ROAD, than any state I've traveled through. Heck, as an added bonus, I spent the night in Big Sky's stompin' grounds and got to meet up with that dufe!

Which reminds me, the quality of people on this site amazes me. I think I've met personally with 20-30 people from this site over the years, and there's not a bad one in the bunch. Well, P-hole's a tad on the sketchy side 'cause he don't pay his debts, but for the most part, he's tolerable.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

That sounds like a cool trip!
    Hope you get to enjoy Santa Fe.
    Is Julie still getting your text.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

no, I turned the option off that has my truck read my texts out loud.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Fort hays is where U graduated college, sure you went through there. Woodland is where I graduated tech school.

Yep zipped right through there. Just got home about 6:30. left Fort Collins at 6:30 this morning. 11 hours isn’t all that bad but for some reason that particular trip always makes me tired. Or tireder.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

And I saw some damn big deer along the sides of the highway today. Pucker factor = 11

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’ve never driven across Kansas, but I can sure picture it. I know I’ve set on the tarmac at DIA on more than one occasion and thought I could spit from there to the Kansas/Missouri birder.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Did you see any yeller’ trucks???
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I did see an old Penske truck with the logo barely rubbed out. It was coming the other direction though and I couldn’t get a picture.
    The truth is out there!

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Haha, I know exactly how you feel Barry.

When I was thinking of going to Wisconsin for grad school I went up there the first week of March to see the school and meet with a couple of professors. My pop came along just to see some new country. After hours of really boring Indiana/Illinois driving we finally got to Bloomington/Normal and turned north. After that outpost of civilization we drove... and drove. And drove. It was getting dark and the only sign of a living soul was the occasional farmhouse you could see miles from the road. No lights, no gas stations, nothing. After a couple hours my pop turned to me and said "A man would be in a hell of a shape if he forgot to buy cigarettes at the store out in this part of the country!" My old man had a way with words. Miss him.

I'm jealous of your trip to Santa Fe. Man I have wanted to see that place for a long time. Have fun if you make it there buddy.

Will

Penske has a used truck sales division. Penske also lists a bazillion of them on eBay believe it or not. Anybody can buy one, from vans to semi-trucks.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Penske has a used truck sales division. Penske also lists a bazillion of them on eBay believe it or not. Anybody can buy one, from vans to semi-trucks.
    Don’t give him facts that might disrupt his conspiracy theory.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."