We left Owasso yesterday morning and made the drive out to Fort Collins, Co to see our daughter and son-in-law. Most (almost) 800 mile road trips are a lot of fun, at least to me. Yesterdays drive was through Kansas, Kansas, and more Kansas. Now I’m a fan of prairie country and there real beauty in almost everywhere. Newark is probably the exception to that. We saw tons of waterfowl and lots and lots of prairie. We were joking about Toto, and by the time we crossed the border
i would’ve ran over that little bastard if I saw him. That is the most boring almost eleven hour drive in the US.
We’re gonna stay till next Wednesday and the head back. We’re taking the ‘scenic’ route home. Might go out of our way and go to Santa Fe and spend a day. The we’ll drive back home through the panhandle of Oklahoma. The Oklahoma badlands, Black Mesa, and more prairies than you can shake a stick at. But at least they’re different ones.
I grew up in this state, but I’ve never seen the panhandle country. Weather permitting I’m gonna see it next week.

BKB