Thread: OK, ebay gurus, need some info......

OK, ebay gurus, need some info......

Since wifey is now retired, and occasionally wants to fish with me, I want to get a little safer and larger boat.....I found a nice Bass Tracker via Craigslist, however, the owner sent me an email that he wants the transaction handled thru ebay "to protect both him and me".....I've never been scammed, but am VERY wary of buying sheeit on Craigslist.

So, is this a common practice or just another scam ???
    Southern Gentleman

Huh? You're buying it on Craigslist, but he wants you to pay through eBay? Are you sure he didn't say PayPal? Ebay owns PayPal. Does he also have the boat listed on eBay?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Ha, I did some undercover work thru a buddy, and found out it's a scam.....he's a con, and doesn't even own a day'um boat.....his sister-in-law owns the boat, and she lives in Omaha, where the boat is located.....she wanted shipping costs from Omaha, transfer fees, and a bunch of other bull sheeit.....I was born at night, but not LAST night.

Nope, she said I'd pay thru ebay, NOT Paypal.....I checked, and it's not even listed on ebay.....that was the first red flag, then I got to checking out other bull sheeit, and it all stunk to high heaven.

As luck would have it, I've found a better boat deal, and it's located only about an hour's drive from me.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-14-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Well, SOMETHING wasn’t making sense. Scam or not, I have no clue how he could list something on Craigslist and collect through eBay. Glad you dodged a possible bullit there.

Yep, and I know the guy who owns the next boat I'm looking at, which is only an hour away, so there's no scam involved with it.
    Southern Gentleman

Its a good time of year to find a used boat deal.

what’s the skinny on your new hole in the water?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Just a basic good used Bass Tracker 175 with a 40 hp Evinrude.....really not worried about cosmetics.....it's stable enough for us to walk around in, without having to crawl over seats, etc.....my buddy says it's got all the working bells and whistles, and ready to hit the water.....price is right, but haven't actually pulled the trigger on it, yet.....gonna go look at it in a couple of days.

IMG_1829.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Looks like a two stroke. I think if it was me I’d hold out for a four stroke engine. I am to the point myself of starting to see what a replacement four stroke would cost me on my old boat.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Instead of a four stroke Posty you need to see if they make an auto boat plug.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Bite me. You didn’t get you gorilla toes wet did ya?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’ll not own another 2-stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke