Took a little hiatus from the site, but now I am back, and hard after the fishing. Had a stupid head cold that slowed me down for a couple weeks, but it's gone now. My oldest daughter just got home from serving a mission for our church and I haven't seen her for 19 months. She will be leaving for college within a few days so we tried to make the most of the few weeks I have her home before she leaves again. It was a really productive couple of days and a ton of fun. Even if the fishing hadn't been good, spending time with her is priceless to me.

First up she caught this jumbo perch. Note that her elbows are bent and not stretched all the way out toward the camera. This really is a nice fish!

We only fished in the morning as we both had other obligations in the afternoon, but it was a very good morning.

Then just this past Saturday we headed out for a little open water on the Missouri River to try our luck. On her first cast my daughter hooked this really pretty colored rainbow.

The fishing gods smiled on me a little as well. This is about as pretty and clean as a rainbow trout can look. She was pretty girthy for a river fish.

Not to be outdone my daughter landed this over sized mountain whitefish. That makes to bigger than usual whitefish from this same area as I caught a pretty big one there back around Thanksgiving. All in all it was a couple of really fun days. I didn't post photos of all the fish we caught, but there are enough here to represent the good time we had. I love my daughter and I love Montana!!!