Well, I know he was good at playing no matter which way his guitar was facing and was comfortable with either style. IMO he was prolly the best guitar player ever. I'm not sure where I got the Al King story. I'm a huge blues fan, so i'm sure I picked it up along the way.

BTW, I met Jimi one night in Jac .... naaa, I was just messin' with ya' so all the b/s accusers could chime in. Actually, I was dating a gal who went to school in Jackson, Tennessee (Lambuth College). I was a Freshman at UT and she was a Junior at Lambuth. I drove to Jackson one night to take her out and we ended up in one of our favorite "parking spots" to swap spit and play stink-finger. Anyway, the spot overlooked the runway at the Jackson Airport where we could sit and watch the planes take off and land. This particular night, all hell broke loose all of a sudden. About a bazillion emergency vehicles started scattering all around the runway! We watched as a private jet landed and all the emergency vehicles took off chasing it. It was obvious it was an emergency landing, but it all went down with no incident. I think it was the next day we heard the news that it was Jimi Hendrix's plane! I really can't remember the reason for the emergency landing, but things could have gone bad in a split second. Jackson was NOT their planned destination, but they had to get 'er down at the closest airport they could find.