Thread: Music

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Music

I was channel surfing the radio on the drive home yesterday trying to find something suitable for my refined sensibilities and there was nothing. Which begs the question, what in the name of Jim Croce has happened to the quality of music in our society today? Being a music critic of no small renown I decided to postulate and opine some thoughts for posterity.

Love:acapella and in particular acapella gospel music. No musical accoutrements can enhance a good four part harmony.

Like:70's rock, 60's and 70's country. In the early 80's the music industry tanked for the most part. Started in the late sixties and early seventies when rock tried to cross over and masquerade as country and got progressively worse. Now country is a mishmash of indescribable sound by a group of no talent hacks that has no definitive sound. They all sound the same. There was no mistaking johnny cash, George Jones or Merle or Waylon or Willie.

Also like some classical, Bach was the Kiss of his day.

Tolerate: Some of today's pop

Dislike: Guitar instrumental, and Blues. I'd rather listen to Lawrence Welk and his Champagne music. Most anything recorded after 1985.

Strongly dislike: Reggae

If I had the ability to rid the world of one of the many scourges that plague it (disease, poverty, war etc) it would be rap and the lifestyle that it entails. There are no words in the human language that can adequately describe how badly I detest thug music and thug mentality. Fortunately I don't have that power or we would be missing a large segment of out population
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

A redneck snob, which is getting to be common these days.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Opine

ōˈpīn/Submit
    verbformal
    hold and state as one's opinion.
    "“The man is a genius,” he opined"
    synonyms: suggest, say, declare, observe, comment, remark, submit, put forward;

Your noticing skills are slipping. Besides, I'm bored
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein