I'm going to throw something out here.... and I doubt seriously it will be appreciated by anyone. But that's OK. I have been around you guys for long enough to know that just disagreeing doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong, or vice versa.

We, as a country, have a problem in that we have grown into a culture that flies in the face of millions of years of evolution. And hundreds of thousands of years of culture that we have went against. IOW we have generation that has grown up without the slightest idea of what belonging to a REAL community feels like. And we have replaced REAL community, or what scant leavings we had left a couple generations ago, and replaced it with an online and technical package that has been shown to genuinely damage those who get too attached to it. Think about it. All the social mores that curtailed bullying and ostracism and maintained rules of engagement within a typical social setting? Not even a whiff of it left. And these kids actually live and die emotionally on what someone says about them in an unsupervised and completely anonymous setting.

You cross that with the fact that 40 years ago we stopped allowing people with damaged brains to be committed to asylums?

What the hell would any rational person expect to happen? We've manufactured a slew of young people with almost no connection to those that surround them, a rampant willingness to attack and isolate those who don't fit in, and then allowed defective young men to run around within this setting while piling up grievances both real and imagined. And we act surprised? My god, I stopped being surprised about this kind of thing 20 years ago.

Name me one other culture in the world where this has become as commonplace as it has here. Name one. It's our culture. It's septic.

Will