Barry, I did not advocate for having arsenals in the schools. I was replying to the last paragraph of Arty’s post. I didn’t mean to imply that I felt any particular political leaning was to blame. I was just commenting that the vast majority of teachers that I have personally came into contact with would be opposed to having armed people in the schools other than the police.

I agree completely with Willy. America has raised a generation of sociopaths.

Not to sound all moral, but the push to remove all references of religion from society outside of the church buildings themselves has not helped. Add to that the electronic media kids are exposed to. The long term exposure to violence, even simulated, leads to a desensitization to violence and also leads to a lack of compassion and empathy toward others. There is a reason the military changes it’s training from shooting at bullseye targets, to silhouettes, to 3D targets. They found that this increased the number of soldiers who actually applied aimed fire towards the enemy. Read some of Dave Grossman’s stuff. It’s very interesting.

Barry, I don’t have as much faith in society as you do. There are some good homes out there, but if it’s a majority, I doubt it’s a big one. Studies on gang membership have shown that the lack of male role models make young men more violent as that is the way the perceive as macho from the entertainment industry which is their primary source of information. The gangs thrive on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk