Posty: Interesting take on it. And a good question. Whether we are creating more of them or just seeing the results of turning them loose into a society that is increasingly toxic to them.... that is another question I wish I could answer with certainty.

Len: I am sorry to hear that. They can fall into trouble so quickly. And it is tough to get them out of the ditch once they are in it. A gentle pull not a sudden jerk.... just like fishing with light tackle.

I think part of the solution is going to be a major rethink of how we live. And I don't mean whether to go to church on sunday or whether smoking a joint has Jesus' stamp of approval. I mean structuring life so that people can feel that they are doing important work for themselves and their community because they ARE doing important work for themselves and their community. And it ain't more of this techno driven lunacy that silicon valley is talking about exporting. Some dystopian future where humans are strapped into VR head gear and some sludge is fed into them intraveneously to keep them nourished. Where people jerk off 3 times a day to some virtual playboy bunny they've never met and pretend to walk along pretend beaches they've never seen.

It is a ghastly future. And it is being developed by the same maniacs who've created the one these kids are trying to deal with.

Real human bonds. With real people you interact with. And real work that takes place in the real world. Producing real things that real neighbors need to survive and prosper. We didn't evolve to exist in this electronic virtual world we are creating. Humans need dirt under their fingernails and earth under their feet. I guess you can tell that this is a sore spot with me.

Will