Thread: Hey Barry...y'all get any of that bad storm?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Hey Barry...y'all get any of that bad storm?

looks crazy out there...been in the 80's all week here/ 86 today(record high).....weird stuff after a freezing cold in December and January!

We’ve had about 3” of rain in the last 24 hrs but it is tapering off now for a bit. The temp has been hovering around freezing since yesterday afternoon. Lots of fatalities today but most of them are west of us where they have the most ice. Bridges and overpasses here, solid ice jst west of us. And folks act like they’ve never driven through a winter.
    I’ve been hunkered down the past week for the most part.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Good deal Bro! .....it's record high here and that same front hit the cold one right over your way...Boom!

PS: keep that cold shit over there/ we could lose a lot of crops/fruit....everything is blooming early here.... could be a recipe for disaster over here?....hope not!
    Last edited by airbud7; 02-21-2018 at 10:37 PM.

I'm working in Louisiana around the Monroe area for a few days, and I just might set out some trotlines in the hotel parking lot.....it has been absolutely raining brick bats, down here today, and more bad stuff on the way for tonite and tomorrow.

Ha, "brick bats", I bet that's a word a lot of ya'll have never heard before, huh???
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-21-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Wow Big Muddy! hang in there Brother!....we living in Paradise over here in the Carolinas!...

(projected record)high of 85 tomorrow...
    Last edited by airbud7; 02-21-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post

Ha, "brick bats", I bet that's a word a lot of ya'll have never heard before, huh???
    Never heard it used like that. Monroe is only about 90 minutes SE of me.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    We’ve had just over 4 inches of rain in the last 3 days on top of a rapid snow melt of the 14 inches of snow that we had gotten just over a week ago.

Quite a bit under water here right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I have a first cousin in SE Arkansas who told me this morning that they have received just shy of two feet of rain since the first of the year. They’re about to get more with no place to put it. Plus we’re about to need to dump a bunch out of our part of the Arkansas River system.
    Gonna be wet down there somewhere! Muddy might have webbed feet before this spring is over.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    We've had five inches this week and expecting another 3-5 by Sunday.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

No rain here, but unseasonable high temps for this time of year (high 80's and 90 in a few spots). I believe we've broken 3-4 record high temps. this week.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain