Thread: Ark. flooding.....

Ark. flooding.....

A buddy from Heber Springs sent this pic to me.....Bucky lives quite a distance from Heber, but I called him, just to see if he's got his snorkel and boat plug handy.....no answer, but I left him a message.

heber.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-25-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    you said the other day you might go fishing in the parking lot...you weren't kidding!

i have kinfolk there and from what they’ve told me most of the serious flooding is out around Lake Conway. Hopefully, it didn’t get to where he lives.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Man, that is something else. We’ve had almost 5” of rain this month, but that was the first meaningful rain we’d had since August or September. No where near flooding, but a good drought ended.

I think I saw on FB that Archer’s farm is under water. Be safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

My mom, brothers, and friends from back home have been sending me photos all day. I believe the Ohio reaches its peak flood stage sometime today.
    I saw pics this morning that haven’t been flooded since 1997, and other places flooded that I have never seen.
    Apparently the Big Bend and Little Bend of the Ohio hasn’t been this high but 4 times on record. (Maybe it’s 5, I misremember).

Here's the daily rain totals that I've dumped outta my rain gauge since Feb. 1st:

> 1.5"---1.2"---.75"---3.1"---.25---.30---1.7"---5.0"---1.6"
    Southern Gentleman

Bucky texted me back, and said they were on the beach in Florida, swimming with the whales.....just kiddin', but he did say they were traveling, extensively.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Good to hear about Bucky and dang muddy that's a lot of water.

You got that right, Hombre.....all our rivers, cricks, and road ditches are backed up and flowing backwards.....my place is an island, right now.....when it gets too deep for my 4x4 truck, I'm gonna hook up a trailer with some lawn chairs aboard, behind one of my tractors, and haul family and neighbors out to higher ground, to go to work and get groceries and essentials.

Miss. River is jumping about 1.5 feet a day, so there's no place for our local flooded rivers and bayous to flow in to.....it's starting to look a lot like the epic Miss. River flood of 2011, or maybe even worse, this time.

The only positive side is, after the 2011 flood waters subsided, I absolutely murdered the crappie, every where I fished.....best I remember, I put about 100 lbs. of crappie fillets in my freezer.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-26-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    Southern Gentleman