Thread: Attention Bitchers and Complainers

Attention Bitchers and Complainers

You know who you are.

Since winter is almost over in most christian localities, you may have found yourself with nothing to bitch about until today, when we set our clocks forward to DST.

You are now free to bitch about what effing time it is.

Carry on!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    No problem here, I got out of bed today at 8 instead of 7.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    OK. Daylight Saving Time is stupid! Does anyone know why we still do this stupid shit? Pick a time and friggen stay with it!

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    If we stayed on EST, it’d be getting light in my part of the world at 4:45am in June. I’ve got enough trouble sleeping in the morning without that crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

My only question is: Who cares what happens east of the Mississippi?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

From Thump's link:

"""It is thought to be safer. Studies have found that the roads are safer during the spring when it’s lighter longer, reducing pedestrian fatalities by 13 percent during dawn and dusk hours.

Another study found the number of robberies is down 7 percent following the spring shift to Daylight Saving Time.

If this bill is signed into law, it could help us all stay a little healthier. One study found that the risk of a heart attack increases the Monday and Tuesday following the spring time change.

Hawaii, most of Arizona, and a handful of U.S. territories – including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands – do not observe Daylight Saving Time."""

#1---Day'um pedestrians oughta catch a ride with Thump, or just get their azzes run over.
    #2---Give every good citizen in Florida a day'um gun, and there wouldn't be ANY robberies.
    #3---Sheeit, everybody in Florida is old or older than Thump, so they could have a day'um heart attack the other 5 days of the week, too.
    #4---Let's all move to Hawaii !!!!!
    Southern Gentleman

I’ll go with #4!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

I’d need an awful big raise to afford HawIi.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    If we stayed on EST, it’d be getting light in my part of the world at 4:45am in June. I’ve got enough trouble sleeping in the morning without that crap!

I live at the western end of the eastern time zone so it’s still light out until damn near 10PM in the summer.

Try getting kids to bed when school doesn’t get out until the second week of June and it’s not even dark yet.

Last edited by DeputyDog; 03-12-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I’ll bet the drive in movie people hate it!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

What’s a drive in movie?

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Youngster!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    What’s a drive in movie?

A place you tell your folks you're just going to watch an outdoor movie, but you actually hide beer and your friends in the car trunk, so they don't hafta pay.....then, you sit on the hood and whistle at the girls walking by, and finally hook up with one, and ya"ll get in the backseat and do the humpback-monkey-dance.

Oh yeah, then, her boyfriend catches you, and you jump in the drivers seat, and speed off, with the speaker box still hooked on the side window.....that's what I heard, anyway.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

^^^^^^knows waaAaaay too much about this.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

HA, I only heard the rumors.....I was waaayyy to nice a kid to ever do that sheeit.....(hee hee hee)
    Southern Gentleman

I know what they are, but didn’t think there were any left.

We had one in my town when I was growing up but they only showed XXX movies. It’s kinda funny how the hole on the Putt Putt course that you could see the movie screen from was the one everyone did the worst on. It must have been the most difficult one on the course because it took everyone longer to play that one.

Last edited by DeputyDog; 03-12-2018 at 05:34 PM.

More daylight at the end of the day gives me many more choices for outdoors stuff after work. That's really all we need to know. We should stay on DST.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    I know what they are, but didn’t think there were any left.

We had one in my town when I was growing up but they only showed XXX movies. It’s kinda funny how the hole on the Putt Putt course that you could see the movie screen from was the one everyone did the worst on. It must have been the most difficult one on the course because it took everyone longer to play that one.

There is one in Tulsa we go to now and then and still a really good drive in movie in my home town. I reckon we’re somewhat behind the times.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

There are a couple in the area around here, but I’ve never been to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    ......speed off, with the speaker box still hooked on the side window .....
    Ha ha ha! The good ol' days! I took a gal to the drive-in one summer night in 1967. I still remember her name (Vicki R) and we were there to see Sidney Poitier in "To Sir With Love". We pulled in just before dark, I found a good slot to park in, hung the speaker on the window, turned the volume off and we chatted until the cartoon came on, then cuddled up to get ready for the feature movie. The hanky-panky started early and about a half hour into the movie, it started pouring rain! Heck, we couldn't see 10 feet in front of the car, much less see the dang movie screen! I turned the volume off on the speaker, turned the radio on a slow rock station with the volume down low, then things really started getting heated! I had a black, 1960 Pontiac Ventura and there was no reason to climb in the back seat, because even that front bench seat was as big as a twin bed in those days! After quite a bit of vigorous exercise, we laid there and dozed off! Next thing I knew, someone was banging on the passenger side door glass with a flashlight! Through the heavily fogged up window I could make out a uniform and badge behind the flashlight! Oooops! I cracked the window open about 6-8 inches and he asked what we were doing. I answered, "just watching the movie, officer!"

That's when I realized it had not only stopped raining, but the screen was dark, the place had closed up and we were the ONLY car in that, now VERY dark, parking lot. Gulp! He was cool and just told us to get ourselves together and follow him out through the exit. I slipped behind the wheel, started the car, wiped the fog off the windshield with my shirt so I could see to drive, then pulled out of the parking spot to fall in behind the fine officer as he led us toward the exit. That's about the time I heard the eeeerrrriipppp-POP as I drove off with the speaker still hanging on the closed driver's window! Luckily that ripping/popping noise was the cable-clad wiring stretching and (luckily) breaking before my door glass let loose. I simply eased the window down a few inches, threw the speaker into the backseat and continued following the nice officer off the property like nothing had happened!

I'm SO glad he didn't ask for any identification that night. I was a half-nekkid, 16 year old kid with a 15 year old girl, in Vicksburg, Mississippi, driving with a Florida Learner's Permit!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

And, don't forget the rest of your story.....that speaker box was an antique, and you later sold it on ebay for $500 bucks !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Don't laugh. Those things are bringing pretty good money on eBay. They're collector's items now and another sign of times gone by. (I have no clue whatever happened to mine).

People are refurbishing them with modern electronics and speakers built in now. But the big thing I've seen is their popularity as a display at car shows, etc.

speakers.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Truth IS stranger than fiction...