and thought I'd get the opinion of some knowledgeable gentlemen, and some of you dufes too.

Almost every day there's a new sexual assault allegation in the news particularly athletes and politicians. What I'm curious about is this, are the majority of these cases fake simply trying to get attention and money or....... are there that many stupid arrogant men in prominent positions. Or does being in a prominent position cause these fools to think they're above the law? Is the laws interpretation of sexual assault too strict?

Not to make light of a serious issue, here are a few of my thoughts

1) The interpretation of the law is too broad. Since the beginning of time women have had to deal with unwelcome advances and in most cases they learn at a very young age how to do this. Copping a feel or propositioning a woman is not gentlemanly but it's hardly criminal.

2) Bad sex gone worse. I think a lot of it is consensual at first that goes south for any number of reasons. Still not a criminal offense.

3) Digging for gold. Screw a celebrity, yell assault, watch bank account grow or get your name in the paper

4) Spite. He dumps you, payback is a bitch. ( literally)

5) Date rape drugs. If you can't get laid without a ruffy, you need to call the 1-800 -THUMP hotline to get some information on Rosey Palm. Definitely criminal and should be dealt with as if it were forcible rape.

6) I feel very strongly about forcible rape. It should carry a death sentence as far as I'm concerned. If it happens to my wife/DIL/granddaughter it is a death sentence.

I feel that the majority of the sexual assault cases fall into category 1-4. Every time i see that someone is crying sexual assault I automatically think of three words "Duke lacrosse team". I shouldn't be so dismissive about such a potentially serious issue but a lot of innocent men have been ruined this way. Unfortunately, people don't let facts get in the way of there agenda. Once again, think Duke lacrosse team

what do you fellers think?