I've watched as several of you have made it to retirement. I honestly don't know how you guys survived that last few years before hanging it up. I've got two years and 6 weeks left (but who is counting? Right). I swear each day closer to retirement, work gets more and more unbearable. This wasn't something I anticipated. For most of my career I enjoyed what I did. Moving to a new area 12 years ago was great for my family and they have all done much better on every level. Career wise it has been Hell. I had it really good where I was at, but things are much different here, and in too many ways to describe. A few I can mention are, work load is far heavier than what I was used to, stress level is through the roof most days, and frankly, I just don't have the patience I used to have. I had hoped to go out on top and enjoying it as much as I ever did. I don't know maybe a change of scenery would help. Just going to grind through it for the next two years and then see how I feel. I won't quit working, but I have no plans to continue in this work environment (unless there are some huge changes) two years from now. Sorry to vent, just had to get it out of my system, but man this final leg of the journey is TOUGH!