Yeppers, I have to admit, I used to collect most anything that caught my interest. After attending these sales, I realized nobody cared for grandma's collection of souvenir spoons or miniature teacups from every state in the country. Or grandpa's collection of glass power line insulators or his barbed wire collection. I started selling off ALL of my personal collections and instead of missing the stuff, I actually had a blast selling it ... and the money can go toward our next cruise or vacation. I actually realized how silly it is to sink a ton of money into something that sits on a shelf gathering dust, or in a safe hidden from sight. What's the point? I'll USE the cash to do something enjoyable WHILE I'M STILL ALIVE, instead of waiting to croak so some lowlife (like me) can come along and buy my shit for pennies on the dollar, then sell it on eBay in order to enjoy HIS life ... at MY expense! I will admit, I loved collecting stuff and it gave me a lot of enjoyment, but it's odd how a near death experience can change your outlook on life. These days, I look at collections as "silly", unless you have plenty of excess cash to burn. I've dumped about everything I own that had any value. I have a house, some ratty furniture and plenty of food in the freezer, what more do I need? I DO have one weakness that I've pretty much had all my life ... I still enjoy driving a new(er) vehicle. Once I get around 3 years on a new car, I start getting the itch. Lynn's is a 2015, but I may slide another year on hers. Mine is a 2016 and I'm already sucking the new car smell out of the cars at the dealer when I go in for service. BUT ... I have to have at least ONE weakness!

If the kids aren't clamoring for your collection of left-handed widgets ... sell 'em and use the cash to do something special and memorable. Otherwise, some moron down the line will be posting pics of your shit in some obscure chatroom on the internet, then bragging about how he picked up your $200 widget for 50-cents!