Thread: Need a ride to the Bar ...:D

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Need a ride to the Bar ...:D

Florida couple takes Walmart motorized shopping cart on joyride to bar, police say

A man and his girlfriend have been busted in Florida for joyriding in a motorized shopping cart from Walmart to a local dive bar.

Surveillance video at a Walmart in Largo captured Jeffry Sabiel, 50, and Santa Walters, 32, stealing the shopping cart reserved for handicapped customers

The Clearwater couple was seen driving out of the Walmart parking lot and heading west on a local road, according to WFLA-TV.

After being notified, Largo police spotted the cart a half-mile away outside Jimmy’s Sports Lounge, according to the station. An officer found Sabiel and Walters at the bar, officials said.

During an interview, the pair denied taking the cart but then confessed, the station reported.

They were each released Thursday on $2,000 bond after being booked on grand theft charges.

Get ya motor runnin.
    Head out on the highwayy.
    Lookin for adventure.
    And sentenced 30 days...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    For some reason this makes me think of Thumper.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I was on a family trip to Tennessee about 4-5 years ago and we for a pre dawn start and we’re stopping at McD’’s for coffee and breakfast in Staunton, Va about two hours south. In seeing a line about 1/4 long for the drive thru, I pulled in to park and go inside. Upon driving around the back I see a 300lb guy with an oxygen tank on a scooter and nothing on but a hospital gown and dress socks at the drive thru window. I guess he just had to have his fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I was at a nearby McD's a couple years ago and some old guy rode up on his riding lawnmower. I made a (joking) comment to him and he said his wife had the car and he didn't feel like waiting, so he just drove on over on his mower. He lived in a seniors only subdivision just across the street and said he many times rides his golf cart over (it's a country club community), but he had just finished mowing, so he didn't bother to switch "vehicles".

Oh ... and bite me Johnboy!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Didn't George Jones and Randy Travis get a DWI on a lawn mower? I think Randy was naked at the time

not together, separate times
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

A local guy here routinely rides his quarter horse thru the drive-thru at Hardees burger joint.....they banned him for a while, after the horse sheeit on somebody's car hood.....now, the horse wears a turd bag.
    Southern Gentleman