Thread: There MIGHT NOT be any hunting/fishing stuff, BUT ....

There MIGHT NOT be any hunting/fishing stuff, BUT ....

... this looks like it could be interesting and there IS a brand new BGE sitting there (for pennies on the dollar) if you grilling girls want to head down this way. This guy is up and down, if he's in a good mood, he GIVES stuff away ... if he's in a bad mood, he gets a bit harder to work with. Luckily, he's usually in a pretty good mood. I've gotten to know this guy over the years and he usually lets a few of his close buddies sneak in a little early. I just received this email from him:

Jim - Drop by Wednesday between noon and 4:00 if you'd like to do a little pre-sale picking (the official sale is scheduled for Fri-Sat). This is a full house, so WEAR WORK CLOTHES. There are loads of antiques - tools - kitchen stuff - washer/dryer - never used Big Green Egg grill/smoker - huge gas grill - stained glass windows - framed art - bedroom - dining room - lots of antique lighting - quilts - bikes - yard items - etc. etc. This house has to be cleared out so it can be sold, so bring your truck and some boxes. I know you love to buy old lamps and fixtures, so I'll attach a few teaser pics of the shed. It hasn't been opened in years! I know you like that old dusty stuff and the dust is THICK in there so be ready to get dirty. I'll also have the house opened up by time you get there on Wednesday. - Steve

I know this may not look very exciting to most of you dufes, but I love the OLD junk and it sounds like there's plenty of it! Man-o-man, I sell the CRAP out'ta those old light fixtures and can never have enough of them! This could be a fun one. I just called my picking buddy and he's in for Wednesday. Can't wait to see what's in the house!

steves1.jpg steves2.jpg

steves3.jpg steves4.jpg

steves5.jpg steves6.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I’m SOOOOoooo glad I don’t live down there close to you.
    I’d have to build a warehouse to hold all the antique stuff I’d buy!
    Have fun and know that I’m jealous
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Looks like an interesting old radio in the first pic. Being as you're in the tropics, do you ever worry about spiders, snakes etc. when prowling through those old sheds?

Yeah Johnboy, I've sold a bazillion old radios and I remember selling one exactly like that one. I'm no expert on them, but I really enjoy finding them. I have no clue what I got for that radio I sold previously. Spiders and snakes? Heck, I eat those critters for breakfast! I did find a momma cat with 5 kittens in a shed once. (entered through a rotted out area in one corner of the floor) And yes, I ended up rescuing them once the sale was over and things settled down a bit. It took me 3-days to trap all of them. Took 'em all in to be spayed/neutered and got all their shots, then found them good homes. The sale was at a house on Ruby Street here in town and we named mamma cat "Ruby".
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Those BGE’s really hold their value in the used market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke