Thread: RIP Koko

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar

RIP Koko

Lost another interesting 'person' the other day - Koko, the gorilla that used sign language to talk. I've watched her on video many times over the years and always felt that she was a special being. Best clip was her meeting with Robin Williams. Beautiful.

I'm with you there John. I'd always found Koko fascinating and I remember that meeting with Robin Williams ... I think ol' Koko fell in love! I believe she also cried and became depressed when she was told of Robin's death.

Since I was a little kid, I've always thought how crazy it would be if animals could talk. Koko pretty much taught me how it might be. She was really special.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I remember reading that issue of Nat Geo and becoming fascinated with Koko. Her pet kitten died a while back, too. I think she called the cat "all ball" or something like that.

Reminded me of Jimmy and his 14,298 cats.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.