Here at our new location, the gophers are destroying my yard and my mower blades. Then they started getting into my wife's flowers and the General ordered me to launch an all out assault.

I started out putting out poisoned peanuts. Apparently that's an aphrodisiac as even more appeared.

I tried the poison gas bombs. They'd seal off the tunnel and push up three more mounds out of spite.

I upped the ante, I bought two Victor scissor traps. It was blood and guts time, no more Mr Nice Guy. They buried them and pushed up even more mounds.

I bought a trap to use bait to lure them into it. They packed it full of dirt and pushed up even more mounds with pictures of gopher faces drawn on them with their little tongues sticking out.

I was in dire straits, I had considered opening a tunnel and sitting over it all night with a light and a baseball bat. I had once last tactic to try, I opened a tunnel and took a little garden trowel and dug back about 8-10 inches widening the tunnel and pushing the trap back to where the tunnel narrowed. Now he'd have to crawl over the trap to get to the opening to fill it in.

Bingo. The last three sets have produced a dead rodent. The tide of battle has turned.

Man, I just thought catching a coon in a Blake and Lamb jump trap was hard