Part II
I got home on Wednesday July 4th. The next day my main fishing partner asked me if I wanted to join him, and break in his new boat on Holter Lake on Saturday. Our target fish were walleye and yellow perch. We left Great Falls at 5am and were on the lake by 6am. Fishing started off a little slow, but I managed to land this walleye that had a really cool surprise.

It's the first fwp tagged walleye I have ever caught. I doubt I will be catching anymore anytime soon as this is a fairly rare event. I've only ever caught one other tagged fish in my life and that was a sturgeon on the Marias River. Some may not find catching a tagged fish all that interesting, but it's pretty cool to me.

The wind picked up around 9am and we ended up finding a more secluded cove to fish in out of the wind. We never caught another walleye, but we did manage to catch a pile of perch like this one. We had plenty for a good sized meal for each of our families. We could have stayed and caught more, but we had enough. Plus, word must have got out, as a lot of boats started to pile into the secluded cove. Some were fishing and some were just full of girls in bikini's enjoying the sun. While it did make for some nice scenery, the noise level exceeded the view, so to speak. So we headed in and called it a day. It was an amazing two weeks and it will take me a while to top it, if I ever do, but I sure won't lack effort in trying to do so. Hope y'all enjoyed the pics and story.