Check your sheds for those old metal outboard gas tanks you may have stored away gathering dust. I think ol' Buckrub had a dozen of these things layin' around the old homestead they inherited. I snatch these thing up at estate sales the second I see them. The good thing is, most of the sellers haven't caught on yet and I can get a darned nice tank for $10-$15, and a nasty old beat-up one for $3-$5. I was lucky the past couple months and actually found 5 of them at various sales. If you have one of the old double-line pressure tanks, you're sitting on a hunk of gold. Ok, ya' ain't really gonna get rich off the dang things, but if you have one rusting away in a backyard shed, ya' may wanna drag it out, clean 'er up and make yourself some beer money. As for the difference between the single line and the 2-line pressure tanks, I'll post a few pics. There are a few sellers who restore these things with new paint and decals (which can be bought on-line). They're selling for $225-$300!

Example, I've sold quite a few single and 2-line tanks, but I've deleted the photos already. Here are the last two tanks I sold, both lower-priced, single line tanks, both in really nice condition with the usual scratches and dents from use. I paid a total of $15 for the two of them. They were a bit dirty, but not terrible. About 10 minutes of cleaning on each of them and a final wipe down with an oily rag made them a bit more presentable.

This is a 3-gal. single line tank with clean insides. I sold this one a couple weeks ago for $85 ... just a few hours after I listed it! (paid $5 for it)

DSCN8232.JPG

This is a 6-gal. tank I sold just a few days ago for $125. Same condition as the 3-gal. above (misc. scratches and dents), but the inside was pretty dang rusty, as was noted in my ad. (paid $10 for it)

DSCN8199.JPG

Now here are a few examples of the 2-line pressure tanks which have sold recently. Quite a price difference!

Sold for $92 ... no paint, no hoses!

tank1.jpg

This one, $96

tank4.jpg

This one went for $135

tank2.jpg

And this for $178

tank3.jpg

But this little beauty went for $221

tank5.jpg