Thread: Here's your skeeter report Mudward!

Here's your skeeter report Mudward!

We bought your suggested skeeter killer thingies on Saturday, July 21. I hung 'em on Sunday 7/22. I know they say they're not really effective until they've been out for at least 14 days, but I was getting anxious. I was out on the porch on the evening of 8/1 and was being eaten alive! I have to admit, although it had only been 10 days, I was beginning to have my doubts these things were gonna do anything. The next morning (yesterday), I go out and sit just after dawn. I didn't see ONE skeeter after sitting for approx. 2 hours! WTF? Now wait ... just the night before I was being eaten alive ... the next morning, nuttin'. Ok, this must be a fluke ... I told myself not to get too excited. Last evening, Lynn and I both sat outside for an hour or so, I never saw a skeeter, but Lynn said ONE buzzed her head a few times. Now, for some history, skeeters FLOCK to her! If there are 100 skeeters out, 2-3 will head for me, the other 97-98 will be harassing her! She's a virtual skeeter magnet! I came in just before dusk, still not seeing a skeeter. She came in right at dark and I asked for a report. She said she had "quite a few" buzzing her right at sunset (the absolute worst time to be outside).

That brings us to today, day 12 ... I went out to sit on the porch right at the crack of dawn (about 6:45am) and came back inside just before starting this post. I saw ONE skeeter this morning! TBH, I usually don't last more that 15-20 mins. outside in the early mornings and late evenings ... that's now been expanded to hours! The true test will be this evening when Skeeter Bait ... errr, I mean Lynn will be out there, but so far, things seem to be going well!

Note: The instructions say to hang the things right at the START of skeeter season. We hung ours at the HEIGHT of skeeter season. They say we will probably not notice results for 14 to as much as 30 days ... I personally noticed a major result on day 11. Hopefully it'll get better from this point forward. If Skeeter Magnet Lynn can be out there at sundown without being carried of by those blood-sucking helicopters, these things are worth their weight in gold! So far, so good. I'll update ya' as the data rolls in.

Thanks for the heads-up buddy!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

You are very welcome, sir !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Well ... I had high hopes, but ... not sure what's going on as the skeeters have been thick enough to carry us away for the past week or so. Hung 'em up and the skeeters seemed to vanish after a couple weeks .... then BAM!!! We're gettin' nailed again.

They've been hangin' persactly 30 days and they say that's about max for them to start working. I'll let 'em slide for another week or so, then file a report. So far, I started out amazed ... then the amazement slowly started fading into the disappointment category. I'm hoping for the best and will drop in for another follow-up, but right now, it ain't lookin' too good. If things don't turn around, I doubt I'll drop another $21.50 on these things. Bummer.

I sat on a bucket in my garden today and pulled weeds for a couple hours. The skeets were thick so I brought out the heavy artillery on ‘em. A Radius ThermaCell. They cleared out like their asses were on fire. That thing is the tits for small areas. Like maybe 10-20 feet I’d say.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I agree ... they're fantastic ... as long as you stay in one spot ... or small area.