Thread: Have fun dufuses ...

Have fun dufuses ...

I got's to go ship a large eBay package, pick up a Rx for a sick kitty and vote in our REPUBLICAN primary today. I got's ta' help keep the train goin' ya' know?!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Enjoy it while ya can, numbnuts!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I'm back. Long day of running errands, but I did manage to get the important thing done!

vote.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    So, did your guy win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

It was really weird ... EVERY candidate I voted for ... won the primary!

The weird part? One of the guys running for Governor has been a regular recipient of my vote (Adam Putnam). He was the youngest person ever to be elected into the House (22 years old) and that's the first time I voted for him. This time, he's going for Governor, and since I've had no problem with his record, I'd planned to vote for him again.

Then Trump endorsed his opponent, Ron DeSantis. That's when I decided to take a closer look and do a bit of research on this guy. I liked what I saw, but Putnam was WAY ahead in the polls. I was a bit torn, but after Trump's endorsement, DeSantis surged ahead in the polls like a frigging rocket ship! I started paying a bit closer attention to him and liked what I saw, then at the last minute, I decided I'd vote for him. He won by pretty much of a landslide (I assume due to Trump's endorsement?)

But there were a couple of deciding factors for me. One was DeSantis' education .... a B.A. from Yale, then a law degree from Harvard.

Two, his military experience:

DeSantis was sworn into the Judge Advocate General Corps of the U.S. Navy at the U.S. Naval Reserve Center in Dallas, Texas, in 2004 while still a student at Harvard Law School, completing U.S. Naval Justice School in 2005. Later that year, he received orders from Trial Service Office Command South East at the Naval Station Mayport, Florida, as a military prosecutor. In 2006, he was promoted to Lieutenant (O-3). He worked for the Joint Task Force-Guantanamo Commander (JTF-GTMO), working directly with detainees at the Guantanamo Bay Joint Detention Facility.

In 2007, DeSantis reported to the Naval Special Warfare Command Group in Coronado, California, where he was assigned to SEAL Team One and deployed to Iraq with the troop surge as the Legal Advisor to the SEAL Commander, Special Operations Task Force-West in Fallujah.

He returned to the United States in April 2008, at which time he was reassigned to the Naval Region Southeast Legal Service. He was appointed by the U.S. Department of Justice to serve as a federal prosecutor at the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Florida. DeSantis was assigned as a Trial Defense Counsel until his honorable discharge from active duty in February 2010. He concurrently accepted a Reserve commission as a Lieutenant, Judge Advocate General Corps, in the US Navy Reserve. He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal and the Iraq Campaign Medal.