Thread: NEVER FORGET !!!!!........

NEVER FORGET !!!!!........

9-11 !!!!!

9-11.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-11-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

I don’t know why, but this is hitting me hard today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Me, too, Chick.....like most folks, I remember exactly where I was when the news broke about 9-11.....I walked into my parent’s home, and my Dad was sitting in his favorite chair, with tears streaming down his cheeks, glued to the tv.....then, the second plane hit the other WTC tower.....his next words are branded in my brain———”””I can’t believe this is happening to my country.”””......as a WW2 fighter pilot instructor, the fact that OUR own aircraft were used for the attack, hit him really hard.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-11-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Me too! I remember exactly where and what I was doing when I heard the news.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

One'a those never forget deals with me too. I was up in Canuckia fishing with TW and a group of other deplorables from around this joint. When it came time to head back home, I was the last one to leave town as I had a late flight out the night of 9/10. I arrived home in the wee hours of 9/11 and since I needed a day or so to rest up, I took the day off on 9/11. I saw Lynn off to work around 8:15am and laid down to watch the news before taking a nap to rest up from the flight home. Next thing I knew, all Hell broke loose and all commercial flights were immediately grounded. I heard all the stories of people stranded with no way to get anyplace as all rental cars were snapped up immediately. It wouldn't have done me much good anyway because all the borders were closed! Ol' TW doesn't know how lucky he was. He was within' hours of having me as a semi-permanent house guest! There was no way for people stuck in Canada to get home (or vice-versa).

One other major memory was during the days following the attack. I was so pissed off, all I could think of was wanting to kill me some rag-heads! I actually went down to the Army recruiter to have a chat and see if there was any way I could re-enlist! (seriously) I was informed I was over the age limit for enlistment. TBH, I'd never thought about it before, but I didn't even know there WAS a maximum age to enlist! I don't think I've ever been so fired up in my life as I was then!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain