Thread: Weekend Plans/First day of Fall

Weekend Plans/First day of Fall

We’re driving to Missouri tomorrow morning to visit the fam on my wife’s side. I swear, that family is more like me than my own. Which might be good or bad, depending on your viewpoint.
    We’re going to some sort of ‘escape room’ Sunday night. Some sort of group puzzle type deal. Sounds like fun.
    Monday night we’re gonna go eat some Imo’s pizza and go see the Cards play the Brewers.
    Back home Tuesday.
    I have to rest up from all this retirement.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’ve actually got this weekend off. My son has a football game Saturday morning. This will be his team’s third game and they are undefeated so far. He was asked one of the other coaches to fill in for a player that had to have his tonsils out so he had some more experience this week and got to play an extra game.

We’ve got some friends coming for a quick get together and it will probably entail some card playing and some beverages.

Sunday morning we are planning out taking the boat out to the annual seaplane fly-in that they have on our lake. It’s a pretty cool event and they usually have 30 or so different planes flying in and out. The featured plane this year is an amphibious Waco bi-plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Missouri + escape room. Hmmm, safe place perhaps.

Big breakfast tomorrow with the grandkids, fried pork chops, gravy, homemade biscuits and pear preserves. After that game day and college football with a nap thrown in then about 6:30 a massive hog killin at Jordan Hare stadium. The rest of the weekend will consist of bemoaning the downfall of a once proud football program. With a nap thrown in for good measure
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Picking up our half of a beef that is done later today. Tomorrow we will start hauling stuff back into the garage after installing epoxy flooring all by ourselves this past week, look around for a trap shotgun for my daughter, and wrap up the night by attending two separate wedding dances. Sunday church and then league week one of the fall high school clay target league after which I REALLY need to get the lawn mowed and garden pulled before the freezing temps hit next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Picking up our half of a beef that is done later today. Tomorrow we will start hauling stuff back into the garage after installing epoxy flooring all by ourselves this past week, look around for a trap shotgun for my daughter, and wrap up the night by attending two separate wedding dances. Sunday church and then league week one of the fall high school clay target league after which I REALLY need to get the lawn mowed and garden pulled before the freezing temps hit next week.
    Man! That wore me out just reading it! You’re a man of many parts!
    ��

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Ummm, you mention looking for a shotgun for your daughter and attending two weddings ... all in the same sentence! Hmmmmm, interesting.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Oh, P-hole ... just a few days ago, Lynn mentioned she wanted us to go to an "Escape Room" thingy. Can't remember if she said Tampa or Orlando. I had no clue what it was, but she showed me a video. I suppose it could be fun.

I land in Las Vegas at 10:47pm tonight. I may never be heard from again.

Nice knowin’ y’all!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Lynn went to the Escape Room in Tampa and said it was really fun!

I don’t remember if I’ve ever asked you before but does Jimmy Buffett ever show up at that float plane show? I know he’s a float plane afficianado.
    BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I don’t remember if I’ve ever asked you before but does Jimmy Buffett ever show up at that float plane show? I know he’s a float plane afficianado. BKB

Naaa, he's hangin' around in Paris all week.

the escape room was a hoot!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Question P-hole. We plan on trying to put together a group of friends to go together, but that can sometimes be as difficult as planning a danger Good Hunting get-together. Do you think it would be as much fun with a group of strangers?

Personally I don’t think it would be. When i asked that quesrion, I was told if they put you with another group, you can request to just go by yourself. You’d have to wait a bit, but they’ll let you go in that way.
    I’m not sure if two people though could find all the clues. 6-7 people would be the ideal size I would think. We had 9 and at times it was pandemonium. We finished it with 11 minutes left though and it had a 30% success rate.

Cool stuff, you’ll like it.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

We're hoping to have at least 4 of us, hopefully 6.