Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFB week 5

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I'd like to answer Posty's question number four as simply and honestly as I can. Holding is what the other team is not getting called for but your team is.

Happens every game that Arkansas plays, I'm a witness. If you team is not playing then the team you're rooting against gets away with holding every play. Once again I'm a witness.
    The Truth is king here at QA’s Football Monday Shop Talk program.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    1. How is it LSU gets such a high ranking so soon? Two reasons, A. They're an undefeated SEC west team which automatically rates a top five ranking.
    B.They're an undefeated SEC west team which automatically rates a top five ranking

2. Can Clempson close out the ACC with a third team qb? Yes. No. Maybe. From what I can see, the third stringer is as good or better than Mama's boy that left the team because 18 starts isn't a fair shot. Besides, Clempson is gonna run and play defense from here on out

3. Why do the service academies get away with cut blocking but other schools don’t?I think it's perception. kinda hard to run a triple option without cut blocks and they've done it for so long I think it's probably not considered a cut as much as a typical triple option block

4. Can you define for me what holding is? See above

5. I’m loving Kentucky’s season so far. But 13th? Really? That is a little high..18-20 would probably be more accurate. However, it's been so long since a SEC east team besides georgia has been undefeated at this point that all the voters are prematurely ejaculating

6. at what week in the season do rankings really make any sense at all?Jan 7. Or right now. It looks like everyone else is playing for 2nd place anyway
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I keep waiting for a Bama game that might be worth watching. By that, I mean the opponent might have. Snowball’s chance in hell of competing. No offense QA, and there’s nothing I’d like better but to eat my words on this, but I won’t be watching this week either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I'll probably turn it off at 28-0 midway thru the first quarter if they don't score to make it 35-0 while i'm picking up the remote
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein