Thread: Captain my Captain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Captain my Captain

Looks like more weather headed your way. Did you offend Tlaloc the Aztec rain god?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I know right. We have had enough!
    UNCLE already.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

The last one.
    This is out the front of the SC house. It rained 14.88 inches in one day. Mrs. Captain and I drove down there that morning
    From NC. Took us about 2 hours to get down and we were not sure we would get back. We also had to put up about 35 cows that were out in this rain/wind. Took us for ever to get home as bridges and roads were washed out everywhere.
    https://youtu.be/IlMzhSYdF9I

https://youtu.be/Jj3Q0jozGTc
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

There is a little creek that is about 20 feet below the bridge/road level. I’ve never seen it get more that about half way up to the bottom of the bridge. (About 10 feet deep)
    Durning that hurricane it crossed the bridge all the way over the top rails of the bridge and was about 3/4 of a mile wide.
    We had a very hard time getting back to the NC house that night.

https://youtu.be/a8YjISwNdxk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    That flooding is scary stuff. Six years ago when we had serious flooding here it was a really helpless feeling. We lost a few homes in the area, but had the dike breeched, it would have been a whole different ball game. That would have cost the area millions and millions of dollars. It got within less than a foot of breeching. So we were all very relieved when the rain finally ceased. Hoping the best for you and your family Captain.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    At least this one is supposed to be a fast mover. That should cut down on the rain totals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke