Thread: CFB week 7

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 7

1)Texas tech @ TCU I really have no idea, a couple of Jekll and Hyde teams. If I was forced to pick I'd go with the home cooking.

2) Nebraska @ Northwestern Scott Frost will win a couple this year but I doubt this will be one of them. Brains over brawn

3) Okie st @ Kansas st Refer back to #1

4) Pitt @ Notre Dame I think the Irish shred Pitt. The panthers got their yearly upset last week but I wouldn't shed any tears if they won

5) Georgia @ LSU I picked the tigers to lose four this year. L #2 coming up Saturday

6) Michigan st @ Penn st I would consider this a MAJOR upset but it ain't gonna happen. Sparty has been getting a lot of undeserved love this year, I don't think they're that good.

7) Washington @ Oregon Dogs over the Ducks....too much defense

8) Miami @ Virgina Ding Ding, Upset special.

9) Missouri @ Bama Saban doesn't trust his defense so he'll pour on it the Tigers. Tua may even get to play a couple of series in the second half

10) West Virgina @ Iowa st Possible trap game. The mountaineers can't look ahead at the upcoming schedule

11) Wisconsin @ Michigan To be perfectly honest, the Badgers haven't impressed me much. I look for Michigan to win this one by about ten points

12) Dook @ Georgia Tech Cutcliffe has done a really nice job at Duke but I expect the Wreck to control the clock and the game.

13) UCF @ Memphis I really want to call upset but Memphis isn't as good as the were last year so while it's possible, don't look for the streak to end saturday. I'd feel a lot better about Memphis if they hadn't gotten their ears boxed by Tulane a couple weeks ago

14) Old Miss vs Arkansas If this wasn't against the Rebel black bear Land sharks I'd root against Arkansas. We need to get rid of this yearly debacle in Little Rock. We're giving up a home game and a weekend recruiting to go play in that toilet called War Memorial Stadium.
    Last edited by quercus alba; 10-09-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I always appreciate your perspective and can’t argue with anything you’ve got this week. I think this may be the week for an Arkansas “W”. Go Hawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

These matchups don’t do much for me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if LSU doesn’t make more noise than you think. There’s someting there.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

I think you may be right Posty. Georgia isn't as good as they were last year but they're deeper. They have wave after wave coming at you not much talent drop off. They miss Sony Michel at running back though, Kentucky and Florida are both difficult games. I don't think LSU has that stud running back or receiver this year. LSU needs to keep it low scoring to have a chance.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Hank, I really doubt we beat old Miss, I'm not real sure there's a game on our schedule that's winnable and that includes Tulsa. To be honest, I don't really care. I don't like the RPO, and don't want it at Arkansas. You want to know why the NFL has such a watered down crop of quarterbacks, you don't have to look any further than the run pass option
    Albert Einstein

They said that about Air Coryell and the Air Raid and on and on. Just another smart offense waiting for a smart defensive mind to counter it.
    And all it is is a trap play except the qb has the option to pass of course. That means you have to keep your linemen up field. Which most of them don’t if you’ll notice. A picky ref can play hell with some offenses.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Hawgs ng good early!

What a day!

And it ain’t over!

I honestly don’t know what to make of the Big 12 this year. Its an enigma, I tell ya.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Didn't Thump get an enigma, a while back, when he went to the hospital???
    Southern Gentleman

There’s a visual I didn’t need on Sunday morning...

He’s gonna blow!
    Viva Renaldo!

Man, the Wolfpack went up four places in the polls and didn’t even play. We’ve got Clempson this week who are 17 point favorites. While I don’t give us much of a chance to win, that line is way out of whack. Hell, LSU is only giving 7 to Miss. State!

Week 7 thoughts

1) Be careful what you wish for, We wanted to get rid of Houston Nutt and we did, We wanted to get rid of Bret Beilema and we did. We passed on Kiffin, Norville and Leach. Now we're sitting at 1-6 with a junior high coaching staff that doesn't have a clue.

2) Nebraska is showing signs of life, they'll win one sooner than later

3) LSU is for real. I may want to rethink those 4 losses I predicted

4) Any day that the Gamecocks and Muscramp get beat is a good day

5) I really thought Penn state would roll Sparty. Glad I didn't have any money on it

6) Cavs handled an overrated Hurricane squad. I'm doing better picking upsets than the other games

7) Personally, I think holding Drew Lock and Mizzou to ten points was a pretty stout defensive showing by Bama. Hogs will hold them under a hundred....maybe

8) WVU and the Badgers have been getting a lot of undeserved love. I almost picked the Cyclones in an upset....but I didn't

9) Speaking of the Weasels, er Badgers, I wish them defeat in every sport. Bunch of panty waist admins running that asylum

10) Memphis and UCF is what college football is all about

11) Well Hank, whether or not we like it, Duke's pretty salty. Not Clemson salty but dangerous
    Last edited by quercus alba; 10-15-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    Albert Einstein

Puke on Duke. 🤮

"""Hell, LSU is only giving 7 to Miss. State!"""

Yep, that isn't even half-azz logical.....we gotta play on their home turf, against them, their crazy-azz fans, and the refs.....the spread oughta be at least 21 pts. !!!!
    Southern Gentleman