And it doesn’t look like its gonna go away quietly. Some serious shit going on there with their pensions and their Chairman’s hedge fund company being lined up as the first creditor who will get paid. Steve Mnuchin has been on their board for years as well. I’m sure he gave awesome financial advice during his tenure.

Its hard to believe how big Sears was in my generation’s lives. My Mom ordered all of our school clothes once a year from a big old Sears catalogue. Including those fabulous double knee jeans where the jeans wore completely out but the knees would still stand up in the corner. And I’ll never forget the CPO jacket in the sixth grade.

People used to order houses from Sears, no shit.

We went to Sears for our annual kid pictures. Craftsman tools were the gold standard. Kenmore was the gold standard for appliances for years.

I wore out the lingerie section of the Sears catalogue in my teenage years. They got pretty risque’ back in the 60’s-70’s. I remember my cousin would tell me page numbers to look at.

I wore out the toy section as a younger kid.

They were the Amazon of my generation.

And now they are bankrupt, ran by a ship of fools, and they’s sold off what made them so good.

Wow.

BKB