Thread: If We Had a Fishing Forum

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

If We Had a Fishing Forum

If we had a fishing forum I'd post this there, but since we don't. Now salmon would not be unusual for people that live near the ocean, but for us land locked boys here in Montana they are kind'a exotic. These are Kokanee and generally they are the size of a cigar so these are mega-sized for land locked salmon.

While I'm pretty adept at fishing with a jig, I'm not an expert kokanee salmon fisherman by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't even know they would hit a jig, but apparently they do. Pretty big male all spawned up.

Very sizey female koke. Well sizey to me anydangway.

A friend of mine brought a whole cooler full of those kokanee salmon from Colorado. He said they had snagged them as they wouldn’t hit a lure. What did he Know? We smoked some, fried, some, and plain old grilled some. They were good to eat every which way. Now I know what the big ones looked like!

I’ve drank about a million kokanee beers up in canada too!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

That’s a cool fish!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!