Thread: CFB week 11

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 11

1) Wake forest at NC state This is a crap shoot, never know if you're going to get sevens or snake eyes. The Pack is due to swell up on somebody, why not the Deacs? NC State by 14+

2) The Lying Petrinos @ Syracuse Bahhahahahaha. Maybe somebody will step on Petrinos face

3) Wisconsin @ Penn St As much as I'd love to see Franklin get mashed, don't think it'll happen. Penn st by 10+

4) Ohio st @ Michigan st another one of those toss up games. Suckeyes by 17

5) Baylor @ Iowa st Hope the bears enjoyed that win last week, kinda got my doubts this week. Cyclones relatively easy

6) Okie lite @ Oklahoma Texas beat the Sooners, Cowboys beat Texas. It all makes sense now. Sooners by 20

7) Mississippi st @ Bama I could see this one going down to the wire. Bama by 17+

8) Auburn at Georgia Close but no seegar, Georgia wins it

9) Texas @ Ttech Absolutely no reason for the Whorns to lose this one. Whoop Whoop Red Raiders with the upset

10) Clemson @ Boston College On paper this looks like a good match up. Unfortunately, they don't play on paper. Clempson large

11) USF @ Cincy a couple of pretty good teams, Cincy shot their wad last week blowing out Navy. Bearcats by 10 over Charlie Strongs bunch

12) LSU @ Arkansas I'm just putting this one up here for grins and giggles. There's not a single person in the continental U.S. or Hawaii that thinks the Hogs can stay within ten. Corndogs by 4 td's

Several other potentially good match ups this weekend. Good weekend to be a CFB fan in general and a Hog fan in particular. It's opening weekend of deer season so we can be be embarrassed twice, choking when the big buck walks out and choking on the gridiron. Life is hard on us Razorbacks
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

The Whorns have to play in Lubblock. Its Taco Tech’s bowl game. It’ll last five hours. The refs will have to do an extra load of laundry. I’m picking Taco Tech in the big 12 upset special of the week.

And for some reason tech has confused a Red Raider with Zorro. Plus, its a gal. Go figure.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

and by the way, Power 5 conference schools in Texas, all five of them, are a collective 25-20 so far this season.

Hee hee...hee hee hahahahahahahaha
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    NC State “should” beat Wake on Thursday night at home in a blackout game. (Famous last words!). If they do, they’ll likely win out and go 10-2 in spite of the embarrassing performances against Clempson and the Cuse. That’d be a helluva a season for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    and by the way, Power 5 conference schools in Texas, all five of them, are a collective 25-20 so far this season.

Hee hee...hee hee hahahahahahahaha
    BKB
    Ha! The three Power 5 Florida schools are right there with them at 16-13.

Two of the biggest hotbed states for recruiting and their top tier programs are in the ditch. Who is to blame? How long does Jimbo and Tom and Kliffy have before their seats get uncomfortably warm?

And when is UCF gonna get some cred? We should be talking about their chances to crash the party. Unless we really only care about the Power 5.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

CFB week 11

I’ve been hearing some UCF talk here and there and they’re clearly the best team in the state of Florida. I think they’re a really good football tram. The challenge is that their strength of schedule is in the 100’s the last time I saw it. While I like their chances against some of the schools ahead of them, I’m not sure if put them in the Too 4.

Meanwhile, Bwana’s N. Dakota State Bison are 9-0 again and atop the FCS. They’re really turning into a dynasty in their own right.

Well, they have a 21 game winning streak, so shouldn’t that be a weighting also?

I think its time to go to eight equal sized conferences with an eight team playoff of the champions. The playoff can happen at the major bowls. Kick the committee bullshit to the curb. This is just the BCS all over again.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Just playing Devil’s advocate, but there are something like 24 D1 conferences. Are we talking about 8 mega conferences or are we going to pick an “Elite 8” to to replace the Power 5? Do we just screw the Independents in this system? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for sticking it to ND. I’m just curious.

""""7) Mississippi st @ Bama I could see this one going down to the wire. Bama by 17+.""""

I just hope our athletic dept. has paid up our team's medical ins. premium.....this one is gonna get bloody real quick.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Just playing Devil’s advocate, but there are something like 24 D1 conferences. Are we talking about 8 mega conferences or are we going to pick an “Elite 8” to to replace the Power 5? Do we just screw the Independents in this system? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for sticking it to ND. I’m just curious.

I can’t see them going to a 24 team field like the div II schools do. they also have at large selections so they have a committee too. maybe you select 6 power conf teams automatically and two at large bids decided by committee. we at least should not have power conf participants selected based on a committee. 75% of the field playing in is better than none IMO.

bkb
    Viva Renaldo!

I’m hearing Les Miles is about to go to Kansas. Has nobody told him that’s a basketball school?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    NC State “should” beat Wake on Thursday night at home in a blackout game. (Famous last words!). If they do, they’ll likely win out and go 10-2 in spite of the embarrassing performances against Clempson and the Cuse. That’d be a helluva a season for us.

Damnit, nodded off in my chair with about two minutes left thinking we had this one in the bag...

I watched the entire game, Chick.....appeared that the Pack tried to sit on their lead, rather than staying real aggressive, until it was too late.....the momentum switched, and the Deacons really wanted the upset.
    Southern Gentleman

BM, I agree 100%. You need to put a team away when you have the chance and we didn’t.

Today, I’m an Aggie fan.....hope they whoop Mule Piss by a hunnert points !!!
    I hate leaving the comfort of this deer stand, and walk outta the woods.....should make it home in time for the kickoff at 11am
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-10-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Wow, Zach Smith is going all scorched earth on Tom Herman.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...ant-124607704/
    Viva Renaldo!

AND Bobby Petrino is gone

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Buh, Bye, Harley Man !!!!!.....hope he ends up coaching P.E. at Fuuknuckle Jr. High.
    Southern Gentleman

Thoughts for week 11

1) our society as a whole seems to think if you cheat on your wife you're just a Playa and that's cool. Any kind of abuse whether real or imagined makes you the scum of the earth. I don't know if Zach Smith beat his wife or if Tom Herman cheated on his wife. Put them in the ring and and let them settle it there. My money is on Zach

2) Earth to Bama, "welcome back boys".

3) I disagree with my SEC cohort Edward. I watched the replay with my son several times and we both agree it looked like the State player torpedoed Tua's knee. Did MSU get jobbed by the zebras, yes they did, that still doesn't warrant a cheap shot that can ruin a young mans potential career. I guess it just depends which side of the fence you're watching from. I'll just respectfully agree to disagree witcha Eddie. Playing the hogs will be good for what ails you, we ain't got jack, just a head coach that can't spell Saigon and a DC that's still living there.

4) I'm not real sure if Michigan is that good or if the Big ten is that bad. Six of one half a dozen of the other. That goes for the SEC, ACC, Big 12 too. The PAC 10/12 is irrelevant. I may change my tune if Washington state beats Georgia or Oklahoma in a bowl

5) BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'll be rooting for Louisville this week. Hope they win out. Hey Bobby boy, hope you bank that buyout, I don't see anybody that wants Typhoid Mary hanging round their locker room for a good long while. You'd have made a liar out of Will Rogers

6) Will the real Wolfpack please stand up? This whole ACC thing is cornfusing

7) Hats off to Hombre, give that man a Noticer of the Week badge. He actually saw a tackle albeit an illegal one in Bedlam. I musta blinked

8) Wasn't Wisconsin an early pick for the playoffs? Wasn't LSU supposed to finish right above Arkansas in the SEC west? Wasn't Coach O supposed to be on the hotseat in Red Stick? ESPN needs to pay me big money to make incorrect guesses. They paid Lou Holtz to slobber into a microphone for years. I could Skype from my deerstand and do as well if not better than Desmond Howard

9) Fail of the week, A great big hairy F- to SMU. They actually won but still gave up 50 points to Uconn. To Uconn? Chad morris defense at it's best

10) I guess with Petrino gone there's nobody left to kick around but Franklin. Never fear, Tom Herman is quickly coming up on the inside
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Just one more technical point. In 2017 Bedlam there were 124 points scored. This year there were only 95. That’s a 23.3% improvement defensively, no matter how you look at it.

Numbers, man.

BKB

ps....and consider this: I didn’t see the hit in question but because of the new spearing (I like that term better) rules, you see a lot more players breaking down and tackling low. Idon’t know if that is the case here but you see it in all phases of the game now.
    Viva Renaldo!

2) Earth to Bama, "welcome back boys".

3) I disagree with my SEC cohort Edward. I watched the replay with my son several times and we both agree it looked like the State player torpedoed Tua's THIGH. Did MSU get jobbed by the zebras, yes they did, that still doesn't warrant a cheap shot that can ruin a young mans potential career. I guess it just depends which side of the fence you're watching from. I'll just respectfully agree to disagree witcha Eddie.

My rebuttals:

2) Yep, that Bama bunch got their first taste of reality, yesterday.

3) QA, I made a one word correction to your post.....otherwise, I agree with you on pretty much everything else.....I've read and listened to no less than 250-300 unbiased opinions on that hit, and over 95% agree that the hit was above the knee, to the thigh area.....Tua Tag is a scramling qb, he's gonna get hit, and hit hard and frequently.....this ain't ballet class.....even Saban himself said, """That's just football, it's a rough game."""

My opinion on the other sheeit:

Tua Tag had a badly injured knee before this game, and should not have even been playing in this game, but Saban kept reporting that he was """just fine""".....well, he wasn't.....Saban pushed that kid because Hurts was side-lined after surgery, and Mac Jones ain't worth cow spit.

Saban knew that we have got one of the best defenses in the country, and his entire "perfect" season was in jeopardy, and we proved that, even with the cheating refs.....he was gonna play Tua Tag, even if the kid's guts were hanging outside his stomach.....now, karma has hit Saban square between his eyes.....because of his uncaring greediness to win, that kid won't be 100%, even if they do make it to the Nat'l Champ. game, which I hope they don't, now.....I'll be pulling for both the Citadel and Auburn.....f**k Saban, Bama, and their fat-assed elephant mascot !!!!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-12-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    While I couldn’t care less what happens to Peteino, I’m a bit nervous now.

Jeff Brohm has been doing a great job getting Purdue’s program turned around, but he’s a Louisville guy and probably on the list for that job.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

The good news is, with the huge buyout of petrino's contract $14 m and having to buyout Brohm at $4+ m, they might not be able to afford him. I hope them giving Papa John the boot comes back and bites them all up in the butt.
    Albert Einstein

DD, Louisville is a shit show right now in both FB and BB. Without the Papa John’s money, I don’t see how they turn it around any time soon and nobody knows it better Brohm. I’d think if he was going to leave it would be an up market move.

He’ll end up at some place like UTEP and serve out his exile. Or. Saban will hire him as hos OC.
    he’ll do a Mike Price.

I hear El Paso is a great place to ride motor sickles. No curvy mountain roads to worry with.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Since Tpost mentioned motor sickles and Petrino's proclivity for them, has any of ya'll ever tried "hiding the salami" on a motor sickle???.....just wondering, because some of those bike seats look like they're designed for absolutely doing that very thing.

(Waiting, in 1-2-3.....here comes a Thump post about him doing the deed with two chicks on a Harley, driving 97 mph on an icy road---backwards!!! )

saddlemen.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-12-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Southern Gentleman