Thread: The “Opener”

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Opener is going to be very odd for me this year. I've never hunted on my own property before AND where the deer are at makes them double barreled difficult to get to.

I see does and fawns all the time in my fields. But the bucks? Ah, that is different. They only show up once in a while and I cannot find any place they have marked out on my place. At least where the lumber company isn't thinning out things. So my stand is right on the edge of the field where I see the bucks occasionally figuring that they go around behind my house to get from one field to another without walking right across the fields. I think they run below the house between the two entries they use to enter the fields.

So I own 82 acres and am set up about a 100 yards from my front door and right on the edge of one of the fields. Hopefully the wife doesn't yell to me from the porch asking how its going.

Will
    If reports from this past week at my hunt camp near Warm Springs are correct, I’d say the rut is just kicking in out your way. Hunting over those does could be just the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    If reports from this past week at my hunt camp near Warm Springs are correct, I’d say the rut is just kicking in out your way. Hunting over those does could be just the ticket.
    Quit kissing-up brown-noser!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ditto