Thread: CFB week 12

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 12

Kind of slim pickins this week but we'll make do

1) Memphis @ SMU Chad Morris's bend and then break defense will bend and then break often. Mike Norvell (whom we didn't offer) and his Tigers will win a high scoring affair by 14+

2) Arkansas @ Mississippi state Why do I even bother? State can pretty much name their score

3) Michigan state @ Nebraska Upset special #1. Scott Frost gives Dantonio pointers on how to throw your team under the bus after a Husker win

4) Pitt @ Wake Forest Pitt is actually a pretty good 2nd tier team right now. So is Wake. Pitt by a little.

5) Notre Dame@ Syracuse I mistakenly thought this was a road game for the Orange so I'm revising my pick. I originally picked Notre Dame by a bunch. Now I'm only picking them by 17

6) West Virginia @ Okie State Only a great fool would pick against Okie state. I am not a great fool so I can clearly not pick against the Cowboys. You would know I'm not a great fool and would count on it so I can clearly not pick the Cowboys to win.

7) Wisco @ Purdue Another couple of Hekyll and Jive teams. I really have no idea who'll win this one. Kind of who wants to win it the least.

8) Iowa State @ Texas Smart money says two evenly matched teams go with the home team. My money is kind of dumb but I'm still gonna say Texas.

9) Cincinnati @ UCF The win streak ends today. Cincy fans start carrying signs "We want Bama". No you don't. Nor Clempson. Or Michigan. Or Notre Dame.

10) Kansas @ Oklahoma I think Kansas keeps it closer than expected, maybe 51-3.
    Last edited by quercus alba; 11-14-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Slim pickings is an apt description. Barring an upset in the conference championships, I really don’t see anything but chalk at the top of the BCS rankings from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I just don't always buy into the oddsmakers.....Syracuse is 10.5 pt. under-dogs.....ND has a weak schedule.....very much like UCF.....sure, both are undefeated, but neither has been REALLY tested.....ND has beat only one top 10 opponent, Stanford ( #7 at that time, 2 mos. ago), who was over-rated to begin with, and has sunk to 6-4, since then.

As for UCF, they've not played a single ranked opponent.....but, they'll face the 9-1 #24 Cincinnati in Orlando, this weekend.....followed by the 7-3 South Fla. Bulls @ the Bulls, who beat Cincinnati, last week..... we'll see how those two games go for them.....jmho.

It'll be a good weekend to see some good football !!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-14-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

I love me some November football! We might not see much movement until the conference championships, but that’s what I think every year and then doink, somebody steps on their dingus.

I like your upset pcks. I’m with Muddy, I’m glad to see UCF play somebody ranked. I’m pulling for them to win though. I like Josh Heupel. Things didn’t drop off much after Scott Frost left.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Man, that Ohio State finish was a thriller.

Urban was blessed with a plethora of penalties there at the end.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Thoughts for week 12

1) Ok I was wrong. Chad morris actually left a better defense at SMU than he brought to fayetteville.

2) A bunch of Razorback seniors who are still butthurt because Beilima got fired have flat quit. Jared Cornelius and Colton Jackson need to be booted from the team for literally refusing to block. In one instance, jackson never came up out of his stance and the QB got crushed. Cornelius stepped aside and allowed a corner to blow up a screen. Morris has lost this team and he won't get it back unless he grows a pair. It's shameful

3) I'm not crazy about the cornholers but I calls em like I sees em

4) I wouldn't want Pitt in a bowl game right now unless I was Clempson, Notre Dame, Michigan or Bama. They'll be a handful for most everybody else

5) 17 wasn't enough, I shoulda stayed with the Irish "by a bunch"

6) Never bet against Okie Lite when they're underdogs

7) Never bet on Purdue when they're favored at home

8) OK, I'm a Beliber, Texas has a pretty good team

9) Leave to an Ohio team to take the wind out of my sails. Again. Either UCF is better than I thought or Cincinnati sucks. I'm gonna say........a bit of both

10) Posty, maybe you should have kept Stoops

a final note, Maryland has the fugliest gayest, did I say fugliest uniforms ever. However even those ugly uni's can't win when it's 15 on 11. The Terps would have run Ohio st off the field if the game had been called evenly. I'm rooting for Khaki boy in a big way. Oh, and by the way, Haskins don't impress me or Shania much
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Purdue really struggles to win close games. 4 of their losses have been by a total of 10 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I don’t think our defensive problems are going to be solved by just changing the DC. You can’t schematically change up much in the last half of a season and you can’t turn good players into great ones overnight either. It’s a process that’ll take a couple of years. But it will be fun watching who they bring in and watching them get better. Part of the good stuff in college football.

Boomer!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

QA, what is this bullshit of suspending Hog players for talking to opposing cheerleaders? Isn’t that what the cheerleaders are there for?

Sheesh, a college student can’t chat up a female in an ‘enemy’ uniform?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

It goes a lot deeper than that, media is fos as usual. They're looking at this one incident. These two are part of a clique that has been undermining the team all season. This was the last of many straws. Probably should have happened several weeks ago
    Last edited by quercus alba; 11-20-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Albert Einstein

Ah. So they weren’t suspended for flirting with the opposing cheerleaders.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

they weren’t suspended for JUST flirting with the opposing cheerleaders.
    Albert Einstein

Sounds like a lack of institutional control.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Bingo. And we can thank good ole Jerra jones for us hiring a high school coach
    Albert Einstein