Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horns Down Bitches!

Viva Renaldo!

Good game, Tpost.....the better team won, for sure.....the quershun is, if Bama beats Jawjuh, today, will the CFP committee have enough balls to kick them outta the top four because they have 2 losses, then move your Sooners up to the #4 slot.

Personally, I think they will move your Sooners up.....that earlier loss was a "good loss" to a good #9 Texas team.....Jawjuh will have the expected loss to Bama, but also, their loss to a, now mediocre, LSU team.

I guess we'll hafta root for a Bama win, but I dang sure hate to.
    Southern Gentleman

I don’t know if it was good enough for the committee or not but it was good enough for me. Probaly was our most complete game of the season. 88 total yards rushing for Texas. And our 4th Big 12 Championship in a row. The Big 12 is an offense first league, that is tougher to win than we get credit for. Nine conference games is a beast. But I like it better than the old two division setup we used to have.

BKB

5D3C34C2-4734-4C55-A139-17B688FD20EB.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Bama better get their shot together or we’ll have to see if the Committee has the balls to
    keep them out of it. No way don’t want to see two SEC teams back in it again. If you can’t win your conference championship, you stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    #1 should always play #2 regardless

Damn but that was a good game. (Alabama-Gawjuh) Somewhere, Niner has yelled until he lost his voice.

And its still not over!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Dang good ballgame, no matter who you were rooting for......with GA’s performance tonite, the committee will be scratching their heads, now.....mighty hard decision to boot GA outta the top 4, even with their 2 losses.

Simple, really.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    it really is simple.... 8 team playoff
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I don’t see a two loss non conf champion beating anybody out, Muddy. I think the biggest decision so far is what to do about Notre Dame. That’s about the only remaining team with a halfway valid argument IMO.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Horns down means “meat in the pot”.
    Stop creating confusion!!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Aw, poor stunned Tommy. This guy may be the biggest douche bag in college football.

6159673A-9D61-43D0-A426-A5A27C882783.jpg
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Is Pitt really the second best team in the ACC? So the committee won’t look at UCF but Clempson is fine playing a team in their championship game that is just one game above bowl eligibility?

Clempson is a fraud this year.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Clempson can't be a fraud, the NCAA holds that title
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I don’t see a two loss non conf champion beating anybody out, Muddy. I think the biggest decision so far is what to do about Notre Dame. That’s about the only remaining team with a halfway valid argument IMO.

BKB
    Yep, GA played a heck of a game against #1Bama, and that's their only claim to glory, but it still gives them 2 losses, and they'll prolly get sent home.....if so, I still think your Sooners will get in.

As for what to do with ND.....give 'em a miniature statue of Rudy, and send their azzes home.
    Southern Gentleman

Horns Down Bitches!

As much as I hate to say it, ND will get in because they’ll put asses in seats and eyeballs on TV’s. Hopefully, it’s the Big 10 champion that gets screwed and the Sooners get the 4th spot this year.

Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 12-02-2018 at 11:43 AM.

I don’t want anyone to get screwed out of anything. But if the CFP has any validity, they will have considered a teams ‘full body of work’ since the CFP rankings first came out and then added or subtracted from those teams’ resumes for each following week’s rankngs. So any changes would be based on how the most recent games affected that. I don’t think Ohio State did enough this week to jump Oklahoma in the rankings. As it was, OU played its most difficult and best game of the season last night. TOSU, IMO pulled away late but played inconsistently in their game. They played their best game of the year last week.
    Notre Dame didn’t play. So I think the Domers should drop to fifth and Ohio State should move to 4th and OU to 3rd.
    I believe that is what will happen.
    That’s my take from listening to the committee members talk about their process.

BKB

ps...I would like to understand why Texas was the only team going into the final week that had a five position descrepancy between their poll ranking and their CFP ranking. 9th in both polls and 14th in the CFP. When it gets down to tie breakers, SOS means a lot and the difference in those rankings means a lot. I smell a rat.
    Viva Renaldo!

No need to be paranoid just because every one is out to get you Posty. We all know the NCAA is gonna do the right thing being all about integrity like they are. They've got an 1100 page manual full of rules to prove it
    Last edited by quercus alba; 12-02-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    Albert Einstein

We’ll all find out in about three hours!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Let's start with the easy part. Alabama is in. Clemson is in. Notre Dame is in. Those are the top three seeds.

Now for the hard part. Who is No. 4?

There's three possibilities: Big 12 champion Oklahoma, Big Ten champion Ohio State and Georgia.

The Sooners avenged their only loss of the season Saturday by beating Texas for their fourth conference title in a row. Their maligned defense was shaky at times but also made some key plays down the stretch.

The Buckeyes won convincingly against Northwestern, breaking open a close game with two late scores.

The Bulldogs had their best game of the season Saturday in a loss to Alabama. It was a classic, but also their second loss of the season.

So where does the committee go? Their hand appeared to be tipped last week when Oklahoma was ahead of Ohio State. Nothing about the performances by the Sooners or Buckeyes would seem to indicate a switch. It is possible the Big Ten title could be valued more than the Big 12 championship. Yet, there is also the matter of Ohio State's 29-point loss to Purdue.

Georgia was outstanding for three quarters before falling apart in the fourth quarter. But while the eye test from Saturday might say the Bulldogs are one of the best four teams, the resume does not. More importantly, they fall short in two of the key criteria used by the committee - record and conference championship.

It's close. All three teams will be on pins and needles when the field is announced. Only one will be happy. And the signs point to it being Oklahoma in the end.

PS: I love copy/paste...

I still don’t understandwhy everyone considers Notre Dane a shoo-in. Maybe we should all go independent so we can play the Ball States of the world and claim we’re the best.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep, ND had a sucky schedule.....having only one top 10 team(Mich.) on your schedule should not get you a spot at the big dance.....jmho.

However, if they do wind up playing Bama, I'll be a "Domer for a Day".
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-02-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

One thing sure.....Championship Saturday was sure a pleasure to watch. I thought the SEC and Big 12 games were the best I’ve seen all year.
    Maybe I was wore plum out but the Big 10 and ACC games bored me to tears. I wonder if the committee members were fidgeting watching Pitt running yet another jet sweep. Same for the Pac 12 game on Friday night.

Butyesterday’s first two games made the day!

How long till bowl season? I’m ready for the Planter’s Emerald Nut Bowl !

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

"""Planter’s Emerald Nut Bowl"""

Houston will surely come outta retirement to coach in that one. ')
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Yep, ND had a sucky schedule.....having only one top 10 team(Mich.) on your schedule should not get you a spot at the big dance.....jmho.

However, if they do wind up playing Bama, I'll be a "Domer for a Day".
    Sweet Mother if Abraham Lincoln! I can’t root for either one of those teams...

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Notre Dame didn’t play. So I think the Domers should drop to fifth and Ohio State should move to 4th and OU to 3rd.
    I believe that is what will happen.
    Do you believe in Unicorns as well? I don’t disagree with your point and I’m all for forcing ND to join a conference if they want to play. The Committee has used the no conference championship against the Big 12 in the past. But, that was just a convenient excuse. There’s no way they’ll leave an undefeated ND out.

Can anybody explain that fake punt call in the SEC game? Smart wasn’t very smart.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Do any o'youse ball-watchin', couch-potato, dufebutts realize it's hunting season? I know it's an oxymoron, but I guess this place should be called "Good Ball" from here on out!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Do any o'youse ball-watchin', couch-potato, dufebutts realize it's hunting season? I know it's an oxymoron, but I guess this place should be called "Good Ball" from here on out!
    748ED830-FFE9-4FA3-9964-DA2891511D38.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

I've heard of blue-balls ... but RED? I think I'd see a doctor for that one!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain