Thread: Championship Week

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Championship Week

Not a ton of games to pick from this week, there are some key matchups we need to look at

1) Texas vs Oklahoma As far as I'm concerned, this is THE game this weekend. Texas manhandled the Sooner defense last time around. I look to see some different formations for the Sooner defense as well as some run blitzes. If they can't get pressure on the QB then it could be a long afternoon for the boys from Norman. Texas will get a few stops so Oklahoma really needs to get some too even if they have to sell out to get them. Death by a thousand cuts or quick death is still death.

Prediction: The Sooners will shoot for the moon and try apply pressure without getting burned. Texas will try the same formula as the last time but with less success. I think the Horns fall by 3-7 points. I'd still send in a 3rd string fullback to spear the qb just to be on the safe side

2) Memphis vs UCF Memphis almost got them the last time before their qb went down. The Knights aren't a one trick pony, they'll scratch and claw but Mike Norvells team is a formidable opponent. It would be a shame for the streak to end this way........... It won't, the Knights win one for the Gipper, shades of Loyola Marymount when Hank Gathers died and Bo Kimble put the team on his back. UCF by 10

3) Bama vs Jawja I haven't really seen enough of the Bulldogs this year to get a good read on them. One week they look like Superman then the next week mere mortals, although lately they seem to have been more consistent. Bama is like a runaway train. When everything is clicking they steamroll everybody. when they're off they only win by 25 or so. I expect a hard fought game but I think Bama has too many playmakers and too much speed on the outside. I could see a close game with bama pulling away late......maybe 38-21 or so. If Georgia wins then both go to the playoffs, they lose and it's Sugar Bowl city

4) Northwestern vs OSU Easy peasy, Ohio st wins by 40+ and vaults over Georgia and the Sooners only to get crushed by Bama or Clempson. the talking heads crown Dan Haskins as the next Johnny Unitas. Or better

5) Clempson vs Pittsburg Panthers score 24 on the vaunted Tiger defense..................and still lose by 30. these last two games are all the more reason to get rid of conference championship games but there's waaaaaaay to much money to be made for that to happen
    Last edited by quercus alba; 11-29-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein