Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 CFB Bowls

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

2018 CFB Bowls

I'm only going to comment on select games, there's just too many minor players I'm not interested in

Arizona Bowl: Arkansas State vs. Nevada (Dec. 29, 1:30 p.m. ET)

Cure Bowl: Tulane vs. Louisiana (Dec. 15, 2:30 p.m. ET)Good to see Tulane back in a bowl, Shaun King might have been in the last bowl game for the Green Wave

Camellia Bowl: Eastern Michigan vs. Georgia Southern (Dec. 15, 5:30 p.m. ET)

Cheez-It Bowl: Cal vs. TCU (Dec. 26, 9 p.m. ET) The Frogs have done absolutely nothing to deserve a bowl game this year. Having said that, TCU by 20

. Independence Bowl: Temple vs. Duke (Dec. 27, 1:30 p.m. ET)This would probably be a good game anywhere besides that cesspool called Shreveport. You can get mugged or worse trying to get from your car to the stadium

Texas Bowl: Baylor vs. Vanderbilt (Dec. 27, 9 p.m. ET) The SEC superiority starts tonight........Baylor by ten

Potato Bowl: BYU vs. Western Michigan (Dec. 21, 4 p.m. ET) This game should always feature Idaho regardless of their record

Gasparilla Bowl: Marshall vs. South Florida (Dec. 20, 8 p.m. ET) What in the world is a Gasparilla, a great ape with a lisp?

Armed Forces Bowl: Houston vs. Army (Dec. 22, 3:30 p.m. ET)Geaux Army

Frisco Bowl: San Diego State vs. Ohio (Dec. 19, 8 p.m. ET)

Military Bowl: Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech (Dec. 31, Noon ET)Out of respect for Chick....Gig em Hokies

Quick Lane Bowl: Minnesota vs. Georgia Tech (Dec. 26, 5:15 p.m. ET)Gotta go for The Wreck here in Paul Johnson's swan song

Hawaii Bowl: Hawaii vs. Louisiana Tech (Dec. 22, 10:30 p.m. ET) Tech's always got a good little team and Ruston is a nice little city. Hawaii started off hot then faltered. Could be a very high scoring affair

Outback Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Iowa (Jan. 1, Noon ET)Iowa has trouble scoring against weak defenses, what are they gonna do with Misstake? Run it between those big cornfed white boys. Will it be enough? We'll see

Boca Raton Bowl: UAB vs. Northern Illinois (Dec. 18, 7 p.m. ET)Gotta root for UAB, three years ago they didn't even have a football program

Bahamas Bowl: Toledo vs. Florida International (Dec. 21, 12:30 p.m. ET)Go Toledo, win one for the Klinger

Belk Bowl: South Carolina vs. Virginia (Dec. 29, Noon ET) I don't like Muschump, Cocks by a head

Holiday Bowl: Northwestern vs. Utah (Dec. 31, 7 p.m. ET)Rose Bowl lite, Utes win

New Orleans Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs. Appalachian State (Dec. 15, 9 p.m. ET) Depends on how App State responds after losing their coach. Should be enough to hold off The Blue Raiders

Pinstripe Bowl: Miami vs. Wisconsin (Dec. 27, 5:15 p.m. ET) The Underachievers vs the Weenies

Dollar General Bowl: Buffalo vs. Troy (Dec. 22, 7 p.m. ET) I think Buffalo

Redbox Bowl: Michigan State vs. Oregon (Dec. 31, 3 p.m. ET)If I pick State they always lose. State wins

Sun Bowl: Stanford vs. Pitt (Dec. 31, 2 p.m. ET) El Paso is cold. Pittsburg is cold. Stanford wins

Las Vegas Bowl: Fresno State vs. Arizona State (Dec. 15, 3:30 ET) The Herminator strikes again

Birmingham Bowl: Memphis vs. Wake Forest (Dec. 22, Noon ET) Sigh. I wish we'd picked Mike Norvell

New Mexico Bowl: Utah State vs. North Texas (Dec. 15, 2 p.m. ET)North texas only beat Arkansas by 20, Utah state wins

First Responder Bowl: Boston College vs. Boise State (Dec. 26, 1:30 p.m. ET)Don't know don"t care

Gator Bowl: NC State vs. Texas A&M (Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m. ET) All SEC bias aside, I think the Aggies win

Alamo Bowl: Iowa State vs. Washington State (Dec. 28, 9 p.m. ET) Sigh. I wish we had picked the Pirate

Citrus Bowl: Kentucky vs. Penn State (Jan. 1, 1 p.m. ET) Cats too one dimensional, Lions roar

Liberty Bowl: Missouri vs. Oklahoma State (Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m. ET)Not being a great fool I cannot pick for or against the Cowboys.

Sugar Bowl: Texas vs. Georgia (Jan. 1, 8:45 p.m. ET) Could be one of the better games. Horns hook a flat Georgia team

Camping World Bowl: West Virginia vs. Syracuse (Dec. 28, 5:15 p.m. ET)Too bad Greer can't play defense.....the Orange by a TD

Music City Bowl: Purdue vs. Auburn (Dec. 28, 1:30 p.m. ET) The seats on the Gusbus are smoking. Auburn pulls out all the stops to keep his job for another year.

Peach Bowl: Michigan vs. Florida (Dec. 29, Noon ET) If Michigan shows up to play the Gators win by 10. If they're flat it could get ugly

Rose Bowl: Washington vs. Ohio State (Jan. 1, 5 p.m. ET) Big mouth Chris Peterson says if "we played Bama's schedule we'd be undefeated too". He might be right, Huskies show Urban why they weren't picked for that 4th spot

Fiesta Bowl: LSU vs. UCF (Jan. 1, 1 p.m. ET) Knights show they belong, LSU falls by 10+

Dec. 29 Cotton Bowl 4 p.m. (ESPN) No. 2 Clemson (13-0) vs. No. 3 Notre Dame (12-0)

Dec. 29 Orange Bowl 8 p.m. (ESPN) No. 1 Alabama (13-0) vs. No. 4 Oklahoma (12-1)

Upset Special.............Notre Dame vs the Sooners for all the marbles

Mrs Petrino steps on lying Bobby's face
    Last edited by quercus alba; 12-09-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Bama is favored by 14 over the Sooners.....I hope the Sooners knock Saban’s cheating d*ck in the dirt, and shut down both him and his referees.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-04-2018 at 02:29 AM.

Bowls have always been damn hard for me to pick. So as far as the Sooners go, you won’t hear any Bama smack from me.

We have our chance to play the game just like they do. It will come down largely to who brings a little extra. Like we did to Bama in the Sugar Bowl in ‘14. We were 15pt dogs in that game. Boomer Sooner!

I honestly think Notre Dame is better than Clempson. Like our game, there’s a good chance the best all around team might not win. I will predict Notre Dame by 7 though. 24-17.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

2018 CFB Bowls

Thanks, QA.

If I was a betting man, I’d probably pick A&M as well. But Dave Doeren is something like 4 out of 5 in bowl games since he’s been at state. So, I know he’ll have the team ready. I like Tech’s chances as well and may even go to the game if the weather is good as it’s only about a 45 minute drive to Annapolis.

I’ve got nothing on the two BCS bowls other than I despise both Bama and ND and will be rooting hard for OU and Clempson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 12-04-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Stidham leavingAuburn early for the NFL.
    Will play in Auburn’s bowl.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Rumors of Jim Harbaugh to Green Bay. I hate the musical chairs effect of these moves.

I know there are a lot of Green Bay fans but Aaron Rodgers is a primadonna and they are looking for a coach he’ll approve of.

Khaki Boy might fit right in there.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I see what you did there Posthole. Wonder if he sells State farm on the side
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Mike Locksley, Bama OC, to Maryland. Former Terps Assistant and local guy with lots of Baggage. But, probably about the best they could hope for. He’s expected to coach at Alabama through the playoff.

Not a bowl, but the Army Navy Game today is one of my annual favorites. I’ll be pulling for the Middies, but I expect the Black Knights will run their current win streak to three.

I will prolly pull for Army. Its fun to watch the option played to perfection once in a while. Army sure gave the Sooners all they wanted to see of it when they played us. Hopefully the prezwon’t turn it into a political circus. I hear he’splanning to attend.

And maybe it’ll snow! Another Army Navytradition it seems like!

BKB

ps.....Murray for Heisman!
    Viva Renaldo!

And for Bwana.....Go Bison!
    Viva Renaldo!

If you like to see the option run well, try to go back and find a recording of what Ga Tech did to Va Tech this past season. They only attempted one pass all day and completely demolished the Hokies. It’ll be interesting to see if Ga Tech changes schemes with Paul Johnson retiring.

2018 CFB Bowls

Bwana’s ND State Bison just lost their head coach to KState. I’d love to see him add a 4th FCS Championship on his way out.

Let the games begin! 4-5 bowl games this weekend, but no match ups I can get too fired up about.

I will either record or watch the NTSU bowl game against Utah State. Their coach, Seth Littrell is a former Sooner that played on out 2000 Nat’l Championship team and is getting a lot of attention as an up and comer. Both K State and Kansas tried to lure him away but he stayed put at North Texas. That tells me he thinks he can do a lot better.

I’m interested to see what kind of football his team plays.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I have watched maybe five minutes of a few bowl games and so far haven’t found a game that was much punk yet. Everything I have seen have been blowouts. Which if it was OU blowing out somebody would be fine but....

College basketball has been good though!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Same here. I don’t think I’ve watched more than a play or two since the Army Navy game. That’ll probably change as I finish up my Holiday todo’s.

Alabama suspended three for the Orange Bowl including their stud o-lineman .
    Clempson had three fail a drug test for a PED including a starting DT.

Its bowl season! I remember when we had one miss the Fiesta Bowl years ago for shoplifting a jacket.
    Kds.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

The Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl is being played indoors.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Oh, the irony.

I’m pulling for Purdue against those aggies from Alabama Deputy!

I may even drink a boilermaker.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I take it back I take it back!

Sheesh. The tepid water makers.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Posty, please pull for Notre Dame.

Please please
    Albert Einstein

IMG_2124.JPG

Today has all the earmarks of being a good day for football
    Albert Einstein

Like I've said many times thru the season, the Domers are soooo over-rated......a real sucky schedule with only one quality win over Mich. in the the first game of the season.....the powers-that-be wanted them in the playoffs, and justified it with their 12-0 record.....the azzholes put 'em in the playoffs, and they got exactly the quality of game that the Domers are capable of playing.....you'd expect the #3 team in the nation to at least get close to scoring one frigging TD.
    If they had really wanted an undefeated team in there, UCF woulda given a better performance against Clemson than the Domers.

(P.S. QA, man those steaks look larrupin'!!!)
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-29-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

IMG_2125.JPG

Actually this was larruping
    Albert Einstein

You sho 'nuf right about that, QA !!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Famous last words....ifwe’d have played them in the first quarter like we did the last three we’d have won it. We outs ored them 34-17 in the last three quarters.

I’m happy they had the. character to fight back.

Next year is a new team and fresh hopes! That’s why I like it!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Tpost, your Sooners really showed a ton of determination.....great game.....the only thing I really had a problem with wasn't the team's play at all, but Riley's decision to call those two on-side kicks, both of which led to Bama TD's.....very low percentage calls, just when your Sooners had some momentum going.....giving Bama the ball back twice near the 50 yard line with those on-side kicks, just killed the sheeit outta their momentum.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-30-2018 at 02:59 AM.
    Southern Gentleman