Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 CFB Bowls

I thought it was a little early to go for the onside myself. On the other hand, the Bama defense was gassed after both of those drives and a successful kick might have completely changed the momentum. Remember wecouldn’t get off the field defensively so I thnk he was just looking for any kind of game changer.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

LOL....so to sum up, the odds on our defense getting a stop andthe odds of a successful onside were about even at that point!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Still, I'd rather seen Bama have to drive the length of the field, and hope for a turn-over or a couple of Bama penalties, which they were racking up pretty frequently.....Bama played dirty.
    Southern Gentleman

Just MHO, I didn’t think Bama played intentionally dirty, but I did think they, at times, played undisciplined which was making Saban crazy. Reading his lipswas one of the most entertaining things in the game. I think the Sooners O line was frustrating the heck out of them oncethe first quarter was over.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha, I would think ripping helmets off your Okie players is somewhat more than "unintentional"....jmho.
    Southern Gentleman

Boys will be boys....

bKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Dang, you starting to sound like a closet Saban worshiper.
    Southern Gentleman

Hahahahaha....not a chance. Our O line is nasty as shit. Alabama isn’t the first this year to blow their cool.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Saban's tantrums on the sideline is fun to watch.....his eyeballs turn blood-red and bulge outta his head, ready to explode.....evidently, penalties are one of his big pet peeves, more so than most coaches.....he opens his little pocket note pad, and takes notes about every single penalty.....but, never opens it for anything else, except the penalties.....I bet he really kicked #74's azz in the post-game team meeting, for his three penalties in one possession series.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Let’s go Hokies! The game is local and we almost sprung for tickets as part of my son’s Christmas as he’s a student at Va Tech. Looking at the rain coming down I sure am glad we didn’t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Dang it, Muddy I thought your Dawgs were gonna pull it out.Too bad they couldn’t have for that sr qb. A good bowl game for a change!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Surely, you jest.....that game was a total embarrasement for our entire state.....any OC who thinks he can win a game, by making his QB run the ball 25 times, while great running backs sit on their thumbs, is sadly mistaken.....any HC who thinks he can win a game with no discipline and get 150 yds. in stupid penalties is sadly mistaken.....any team that thinks it can win a game with dropped passes, arm-tackling, and poor blocking is sadly mistaken.....but, mostly I put this loss squarely on the coaches.....they did not have our team prepared for this game, at all !!!
    Southern Gentleman