Thread: Sad day here.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sad day here.....

I took Sandy for a full medical evaluation to see if she could have the cataract removal surgery on both eyes......the full body xray revealed several underlying issues within her body cavity.....I knew she was losing weight, and was short of breath, but had no idea exactly why.
    She had a large mass on her bronchial tube, an enlarged heart, and onset of diabetes, along with the cataracts.....the vet gave her about a month, and the pain and suffering would begin even sooner.
    I told him to go ahead, and draw up a syringe for "The Shot", but I wanted to administer it myself at home.....he handed it to me, and we headed home.
    She went to sleep, and passed away very peacefully in my arms, while I rubbed her head.
    This afternoon, Sandy is now chasing squirrels in dog heaven.....it hurts me a LOT, but there's nothing but fond memories of hunting with Sandy, all these years.
    "Thank you Lord for placing this wonderful dog in my life"!!!!!

Sandy -Jan 2018.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-12-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    Southern Gentleman