Thread: How to know you’re officially an OLD fart!

How to know you’re officially an OLD fart!

We attended Lynn’s company Christmas party last night. I know many of the people there and had a reasonably good time (plus the catered food was good)!

But, as the party rolled along and the beer and wine had been flowing for an hour or two, the party livened up quite a bit. They had one of those blue tooth type speaker thingies where you can play music which is controlled by a smart phone. The usual, low volume, Christmas music was replaced by hip-hop (I call it rap) music with the volume cranked up.

Conversation was impossible after that, but the (obviously younger) crowd came alive and the “REAL” party began. Half the crowd was singing along. How the “F” do you sing along with rap music??? Anyway, the group I was sitting with were singing along to one of the songs and having a great time. Then when the song ended, they all commented what an “oldie-goldie” that song was. Then they started discussing just how “old” it was and they finally agreed it came out around 2010!!

Ok, that’s when I decided I’m officially an old fart!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    I thought you'd tell us about 9pm you were ready to go home and go to bed
    According to the new statistics old now starts at 75.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Did the lampshade match your outfit?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    I thought you'd tell us about 9pm you were ready to go home and go to bed
    According to the new statistics old now starts at 75.
    Would you mind posting a link confirming that statistic Bubba?

P-hole, there were quite a few hotties there last night. I stood in the corner wearing the lampshade, but I’ll guarandamntee you, I had eye cut-outs to observe the scenery!

Rather than lumping together all people who have been defined as old, some gerontologists have recognized the diversity of old age by defining sub-groups. One study distinguishes the young old (60 to 69), the middle old (70 to 79), and the very old (80+).[18] Another study's sub-grouping is young-old (65 to 74), middle-old (75–84), and oldest-old (85+).[19] A third sub-grouping is "young old" (65–74), "old" (74–84), and "old-old" (85+).[20] Delineating sub-groups in the 65+ population enables a more accurate portrayal of significant life changes.[21]
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

I like the last two! So I have another eight months till I’m ‘young-old’.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I’ll be 67 next month, so you’re telling me I’m not really old yet? Isn’t “young old” still old? I’m confused.

As far as I can tell, you’re saying a pregnant gal isn’t really pregnant until her last trimester?

A pregnancy is divided into trimesters: the first trimester is from week 1 to the end of week 12. the second trimester is from week 13 to the end of week 26. the third trimester is from week 27 to the end of the pregnancy.

Age is what you make of it. I shoot trap with a gentleman that just turned 90, you'd never know he was that old, and usually beats me.
    I have another friend that is my age and you'd think he was 100, slow, bent over, half deaf and depressed. Hard to hang around with him.
    I turn 74 on New Years Eve, feel good, can do about everything I could do about 20 years ago, but a little slower.
    Health is a BIG factor in age, it's something you have little control over unless you abuse it with wine, women and stupid stuff.
    Just lost two high school friend over the past two weeks, but had a cousin who just past at 90.
    Bottom line, enjoy the every day you have with the friends you know.

Amen Jerry!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I agree with you Bubba. 100%. But that doesn’t mean I’m not gonna mess with ya’.

Do you old people take offense and being called “elderly”?
    Serious question.
    It pisses my MIL off when she hears someone refer to someone (or her) as being elderly
    Like it’s a dirty word or Something

No, in fact by boys always refer to me as "hey old man", I take that as a sign of affection.

I don’t care what you call me as long as you call me for supper.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I don’t care what you call me as long as you call me for supper.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

A sure sign that you and Muddy are old. Just sayin’.