Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad day here.....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Taint a bit of truth to that, Trav.....heck, I can't even squat that low, anymore !!!!
    Get a taller dog, in all seriousness loosing a dog sucks but she had the best life and you did well by her.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Taint a bit of truth to that, Trav.....heck, I can't even squat that low, anymore !!!!
    No but your balls probably make up the distance

Dang, ya'll picking on the old man, huh?.....think I'll just get me a chihuahua.
    Southern Gentleman

Weiner dogs seem to be the yapper of choice amongst the unwashed heathens I know, Muddy! And I’m kin to a bunch of them.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Wieners are supposed to be badger dogs but most of them I've seen would rather hunt a cottonmouth. Come in all swole up for a couple days then right back out wading in the ditches. Have to wonder about their smarts
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

In the ‘Most Unforgetable Dogs’ category, I’d have to put my cousin’s farm dog, Scratch, at the top of the list. My cousin is a bachelor farmer andScratch never spent a nanosecond of his life indoors so you can get an idea of his life. He had some pit in him and my cousin said the rest was a ‘feist’, which is like saying a soft drink is a Coke. Its a couple of miles of two track from the house to where my Dad, my boys, and I camped and as we bumped down the road he ran that two miles about three times. The dog smiled his whole life I think, except when he was snake bit which happened a time or two. He was high energy and in the time it would take us to fish a hole of water on the river, he would have stuck his head in about every hole along the bank. Places I wouldn’t even look into much less stick a hand or foot in. He dug a lot too in those holes. Beavers hated him. He killed many.

A good dog. Both my boys remember him and every time they talk about those camping trips, they mention old Scratch.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

In high school, the best rabbit hunt I ever went on was with a white kid that everyone called, Little Ni**er(no idea why), whose family owned two weiner dogs.....just he and I and those two weiners, hunting on a dredge ditch bank behind his house.....since the statute of limitations has expired, we killed 21 rabbits in about two hours.....hunting-est little weiners I ever did see !!!
    Southern Gentleman

That is tough duty there Muddy. So sorry to read this and sorry you are going to have to go through the loss
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Thanks, Cap, it’s getting better each day.....just trying to stay busy, and hunt as much as I can, really helps.
    Southern Gentleman