Lynn took me out to a surprise "pre-birthday" dinner in Tampa Tuesday night. Man-o-man! It was the best meal I've had in a loooong time. Absolutely perfect and everything that was served, I swear, I felt it was the best I've ever eaten ... from the bread (even the flavored butter) to the appetizer, to the sides and then the best dang hunk of beef I think I've ever eaten! But don't forget the dessert, it was killer also!

First of all, when we arrived, Lynn had a nice table reserved and they had a large, personalized "Happy Birthday" placard on the table. We were served free champagne (then Lynn had wine for dinner, I drove home!). I was given a wrapped birthday gift (a PREMIUM box of chocolates), as well as a personalized birthday card signed by the GM. Then they took a pic of us at the table and presented us with a framed copy. First Class all the way.

For dinner, I had to have the Tomahawk Steak ... a KILLER bone-in ribeye that melts in yo' dang mouth! (the pic will explain why it's called the Tomahawk). I'd post more pics, but most are on Lynn's phone and she's at the dentist this morning, so I'll just post the few I have. All I can say is, I can't wait to go back. 'Course I'll need to kick ass on eBay for a bit first 'cause it sho'nuf ain't no fast food joint!

Beauty and the Beast ......

Flemingslynnme.jpg

And .... drumroll please .... my friggin' Fred Flintstone brontosaurus (tomahawk) ribeye! (makes my mouth water just lookin' at it!)

tomahawk.jpg

Even dessert was a treat .. I had the lava cake with ice cream (like everything else, the best I've ever had!)

flemingsdesert.jpg

Heck, I just realized I don't even have a pic of the sides (Lynn does), but this is enough to get the idea. We're headed to Orlando tomorrow to spend a few days eating our way across town there. Lynn may have to push me back home in a wheelbarrow on Sunday afternoon.