First, I’d like to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes. It really means a lot to me. Lynn and I were having a very enjoyable weekend and she had a surprise planned for me. A nice dinner then a concert. I know, I know, I’m old ... but it was a GREAT concert, don’t laugh ... the Righteous Brothers. I totally enjoyed it.

Then the phone call came in. My sister said my mom was rushed to the hospital, unresponsive. She’s in ICU and we’re told she had a heart attack AND possibly a stroke. She’s in the initial stages of pneumonia and they can’t do an MRI to check for a stroke because she can’t lie flat long enough due to fluid build-up in her lungs. Her eyes are open, but she can’t speak.

Sooo, I went on-line and grabbed a flight for this morning, then we hauled ass back home so I could pack a bag. Then turned around and headed back to Orlando. Since we already had a room for the night anyway and my flight leaves out of Orlando, it helped take a little of the sting out of it all. Then I realized my Global Entry Card w/ TSA Pre-check is at home with my passport. Arrrggghhh, I had to pull my shoes, etc. and go through the stinkin’ TSA line. Of course my luggage got flagged and they had to dig through everything. I’ll arrive with a suitcase full of wrinkled clothes now.

Here I sit at the airport on a full flight and of course the last minute ticket purchase means a center seat. At 6’2” and a tad under 300-lbs, I’m sure my seat mates AND myself will be fairly miserable in coach.

Anyway, my mom isn’t expected to pull through this, but if she does, there will be no quality of life. I really don’t know what to expect and can only hope she’s still with us at least until I get there.

Thanks again guys. I only bought a one-way ticket, so I don’t know when I’ll be back (Houston). My mom could use some of your prayers right now. I’m not all that good at it.