Thread: Vacuum sealers?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Vacuum sealers?

Just wondering what brand/model any of you gents are using?

Our current unit is nearing the end of its life, so I'm looking for a replacement that I don't have to worry about it overheating when sealing large batches of sausage. Currently eyeing the LEM MaxVac 500.

Any suggestions short of going to one of the big commercial chamber sealers?

I’ve got a food saver brand. Had it for 3 years I think. It’s still going strong.

I've worn out two of these inexpensive Cabelas vacc. sealers over the last 10 years.....we put up tons of venison, fish, and veggies every year, and it does a great job for the price:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABE...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Southern Gentleman

I have a Foodsaver that’s lasted for several years, but something tellsme I don’t put the stress on mine that y’all do yours.
    Its still works well though. Its also made a couple rough trips up to Canada and back. Nowadays I just use ziplocks.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

We still eating venison and sweet corn that was vacc sealed 3 years ago.....the lower priced ones like mine do all I need it to do, but I’m sure the more expensive ones prolly pull a higher vacuum.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I a Cabela’s commercial grade 12” and put it through its paces pretty good and haven’t had any issues with it for the 3 years I have owned it. This is the one I have.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...7.uts?slotId=0
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    We've got one of the older Food Savers and like Posty it has done very well.

I have my chainsaw and rototiller and the wife has the Food Saver and the Kitchen-Aid mixer.

Will