Thread: Folks down here tickle me.....

Folks down here tickle me.....

Winter storm warning down here, last night.....suppose to have 16 degree windchill, freezing rain, bridges frozen, and 1/4” snow.....temps never got lower than 30, no freezing rain, and I think I counted about 6 snowflakes.....they cancelled classes for ALL the schools and recommended only emergency vehicles drive on the highways.....you woulda thought hell was freezing over.
    Woke up this morning to blue bird skies and by 9am it was 40 degrees.....oh well, the kids got outta school, and had a beautiful day to play outside in the sunshine.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Man, I’d trade for that right now. We got 5 inches of snow on Monday with a constant 20 MPH wind that hasn’t stopped yet. Today the cold sets in. It is currently-11 with a 17MPH wind and a wind chill of -35. Supposed to get colder throughout the day. Gonna be a fun one working out in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Hmm. I hear you.

It's a cold one alright. From what I can tell we here in the mountains are going to see our first 50 degrees days in a while as soon as this cold spell goes past. That won't last but we are heading into that part of winter where you get glimpses of spring. I've got a few new fruit trees ordered. Got the sugar snap peas ready and waiting. And the wood pile has plenty of BTUs left in it.

I'm starting to look forward to spring.

Will

high of 32 here today. High of 65 this coming Sunday. It must be January in Oklahma!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    -29 here this morning but it is supposed to warm up to a balmy -10.

Luckily the wind isn't blowing like it was last night which made for windchills in the -40 to nearly -60.

Two words: Global Warming 😉

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I've seen it colder here.. but not much and not often... and chance of a high of 52 on Sunday.. Sheesh
    P1030956.JPG
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Coldest I’ve seen so far today is -17 with a windchill of -41. High for today is -11.

They are calling for temps in the mid to high 40’s Sunday and Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    I've seen it colder here.. but not much and not often... and chance of a high of 52 on Sunday.. Sheesh
    P1030956.JPG
    You must have your wife shackled in a back room. I ain't never done met a wimmin that would be ok with an inside temp of 62 when it's -20 outside
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    high of 32 here today. High of 65 this coming Sunday. It must be January in Oklahma!

BKB
    By Sunday it’ll be February.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    By Sunday it’ll be February.
    You’ve got a point there, Oblio!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    You must have your wife shackled in a back room. I ain't never done met a wimmin that would be ok with an inside temp of 62 when it's -20 outside
    lol.. Therm o meter sits out on the "back porch" against the window.. "Heat" is kind of an afterthought out there. On the other hand we seldom have it above 67-68 in the rest of the house.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.