Thread: Texas Math?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Texas Math?

Today, I was visiting my mom at the rehab center with my sister and BIL (Houston). We decided to slip out for a bite to eat and ended up dropping into a local pub that was supposed to make a pretty good burger. I was perusing the menu and decided on a cheeseburger and an order of onion rings. My sister decided on the same thing and my BIL wanted a burger with fries. I noticed they had two options on onion rings ... a regular order or a large order. I figured instead of ordering two regular orders of (6) onion rings, maybe my sis and I should simply split a large order of 12.

Then I looked a bit closer at the menu. WTF? I asked the waitress if the actual rings in a regular order were different than the ones in a large order and she said, “No, it’s simply 6 rings in a regular order and 12 rings in a large order.”

She asked why I was acting confused and I pointed at the menu prices. She still didn’t get it, so I verbally questioned the prices and told her why I was confused. It FINALLY hit her and she remarked, “Ha! NOBODY had ever questioned it before!” Duh!

(3rd item down ... “Loops”)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

“Japs” on the menu.
    Racist. You should have left.

I think a few small arteries snapped shut just reading that menu.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Sorta like the guy selling watermelons on the side of the road.....his sign said, "Watermelons---$1.00".....when asked about how his business was doing, he said business was great, and he was selling out of watermelons, everyday.....he said he only paid $1.00 for them, and was making a killing, by selling in volume.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-02-2019 at 02:50 AM.
    Southern Gentleman