Thread: A totally pointless post ....

A totally pointless post ....

.... but kind'a weird anyway.

When I travel by air, I always empty all the loose change from my pants pocket before leaving the house. It's just one less thing I have to pull out of my pockets when going through the TSA screening. Well, I did the same when flying from Orlando to Houston last week. BUT ... I had an odd experience while there ... not ground-breaking, but a little different than the norm. During my stay, I rode along to the grocery store with my sister. We parked and when I stepped out of the car, I spotted a dime lying on the ground right next to the car door. I didn't think much about it, but picked it up and dropped it into my pants pocket. 3-4 days later, my sis, bil and I went to lunch and when I stepped out of the car, I spotted ANOTHER dime lying on the ground right next to me. I thought it was an odd coincidence, but really didn't think much about it. I picked it up and dropped it into my pocket. Now, the day before I left Houston, we pulled into the rehab center to visit my mom. WTF? I stepped out of the car and there was a dime lying on the ground right beside me! I thought it was a bit weird, but picked it up and added it to the other two dimes already in my pocket.

Ok, fast forward to today. Lynn picked me up at the Tampa airport last night and when we got home, both of us were pretty tired, so we ate a small dinner of left-overs and went to bed. When I undressed, I simply hung my jeans on the hook on the back of my closet door. This morning, Lynn did a load of laundry and as she was transferring the clean clothes to the dryer, she found three dimes at the bottom of the washer tub. She's normally very good about checking pockets before adding clothes to the washer, but she obviously missed these somehow. When she exited the laundry room, she handed me the three dimes and said I must have had them in one of my pockets and she failed to find them before running the wash load. I then told her about finding them at three different locations in Houston and I would have removed them if I had known she was going to wash my jeans. Then she told me she DIDN'T wash my jeans! I went upstairs to check and ... as she said, my jeans were still hanging on the closet door ... WITH the three dimes still in the pocket.

Ok, that's not earth-shattering news, but it gets weirder. I had brought the dimes she handed me upstairs with me and was going to slip them in my pocket along with the others. For some unexplained reason, I glanced at the dates on all six dimes. The DATES on the three from my pocket and the three in my hand MATCHED!! Six dimes, three dates! I have no clue what this would mean to the superstitious and I don't know what to make of it myself. A bizarre coincidence? Or some sort of omen? Should I buy a lotto ticket? Go to Vegas? Or start looking over my shoulder to check for ghosts or demons?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

That sounds like a classic case of “huh?!?” Peculiar for sure.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    I'd buy a lottery ticket using some combination of numbers from those coins. You just never know.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Strange for sure.

I'll say. It's not all that odd for me to spot a penny lying on the ground, as well as an occasional nickle, dime or quarter. But THREE dimes in a row? That was really odd. The rest is just icing on the cake to help turn the whole thing into a story for Good Hunting.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Old black folk saying; bad mojo:

"Never pick up a coin off the ground, if it's tails instead of heads, or your green pecan nuts will fall off, early."

Or, in your case, maybe YOUR nuts will fall off.....oh wait, would that be good luck or bad luck for ya???
    Southern Gentleman

His nuts haven’t fallen off, but they do drag behind him when he isn’t wearing his supportive jockeys.

I call that trolling for wimmins. Note: That ain’t my nutsack I’m draggin’!